Being shunned only increases my certainty that the WBT$ is a cult

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dolto - Thanks.

That said, did you really need convincing that jw's are a cult?

Nah. Just part of the rant.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

The only members of my JW family who still speak to me are my mother and father. I know it's only due to owing them money from the years I was an unemployable socially inept freak due to my upbringing. I'm certain if I didn't I'd never hear from them.

On top of this I came out of the closet 3 years ago. Years of indoctrination buried that realisation for many years. The last time I visited I got the old 'so are you still gay then?', as if no, now my trial period has run out I've decided against signing up for full membership of the Big Gay Agenda.

My 2 younger brothers haven't spoken to me since I came out. My mum let them know I was visiting but they decided to not even reply with an excuse why they couldn't see me.

Fuck 'em.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

ignored-one - I'm not shunning you for your life. Live and let live. I have plenty of gay friends and they are good people. That's why they're my friends.

The JWs only have 'conditional love'...their loss!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Ignored one, I like your avatar.

Is he a hippie troll holding a dandelion?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Posted on reddit

I'm sitting at the Regional Convention after having been disfellowshipped only a couple weeks ago. I don't understand why the elders encourage you to come to this. I understand wanting you to be encouraged, but my entire time so far has been seeing people in my hotel, around the city, and in the stadium that I've known all my life look at me and light up a little like old friends do then quickly remember my status and divert their eyes to the ground and walk away. I understand people shouldn't talk to me. But it's hard swallowing this as a loving provision. I should've saved the money on a hotel and stayed home. I'm not going to get anything out of the program. You know how you can feel people in your own hall looking at you when you're df'd, just multiply that by a few hundred. Now I guess my weekend is anxious vomiting and watching some dramas.

Sorry for the rant. Needed to say this to SOMEone. Having grown up in the truth I don't have a lot of best friends I Can talk to now about my situation.

Edit: don't want to seem self inflicting. I'm here with my wife and baby. Don't want to Just leave her.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    That is enough to make you nauseous.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Berrygone - What a vile cult the WBT$ is. I imagine the gluttonous body and their suck ups enjoying their prestige and lifestyle, no giving a monkeys about the F&F. Thing like this make me frustrated because we can't have dialog with the blighters that promote all this evil.
  • talesin
    talesin

Thank you, steve2, much appreciated. xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry if I didn't respond to some of you..that was a nice comment @Hey There.

IT's interesting thinking about the effects the filthy disgusting cult has on people.

It doesn't seem to have much benefit on anyone.

• fukitol
    fukitol

That's what I tell my relatives, that their shunning policy absolutely proves to me they are nothing to do with true Christianity, since true Christianity is about showing love to your enemies, especially your family, and shunning is anything but that.

It's proof they do not fulfill John 13:35

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit