Being shunned only increases my certainty that the WBT$ is a cult

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, I don't wanna rant too much but sometimes things cut you don't they.

A family member had a get together for the family, JW and non JW and of course I wasn't invited being DA'd.

I understand why they couldn't invite me but it just made me think. In normal society this wouldn't happen. I'd have been there.

The shunning is so unnatural and damaging. But then what do you expect from a dangerous cult?

The thing is, I don't think, "Oh, I need to run back to the JWs because I am a sinner!"

No. What I feel is an even deeper revulsion toward the Watchtower corporation. In no way does their shunning policy endear me to them or make me want to go back.

I am more resolved now, to warn others about the dangers of the WBT$.

Yes. I feel hurt. Who wouldn't?

Looks like all the WBT$ can do is abuse and hurt.....what good do they actually do?

All I see is the inhumanity of these so called 'true christians(tm)' which from a Bible perspective can be argued against. From a mind control perspective....durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Rant over. I go to lick my wounds

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

You are absolutely right.

You are only a sinner in their eyes or by their standards or belief system.

Of course we all make mistakes. But "sin" is just this thing religion wants to press us in that we come running back to them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    #Daniel1555 - Yes. You are absolutely spot on. I really do feel though, that the WBT$ might have gone too far with it. With the rise of TOMO's hated internet, the world can see the inhumanity of these whacko cults. Hopefully, many will become enlightened and leave the JWs for safety in the real world.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have experienced similar actions from my JW family, and we are not even DA'd !

They would invite us to such things I am sure, if we were close relatives who had never been JW's, but as it is, they are so afraid that a small comment from me or Mrs Phizzy will shatter their oh so fragile faith.

Yup, a damn Cult for sure, and one whose members are not at all assured within themselves that it is the"truth", if they were they would be afraid of not one opposing opinion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Phuzzy - Yup, a damn Cult for sure, and one whose members are not at all assured within themselves that it is the"truth", if they were they would be afraid of not one opposing opinion.

Yes. The JWs claim they have the monopoly on 'truth' but call them out and ask for evidence and what do you get? They run away.

The shunning certainly backfires on me at least.

Still damned hurts though....but that's what the WBT$ savours...the pain they inflict upon those that don't give them money.

• brandnew
    brandnew

@punk......the egg salad is always better at "worldly " parties anyway..

Your not missin out on much....but yeah....it hurts knowing family only have conditional love.....try not to take it personal..they are brainwashed into believing you are evil....

Ps....the beer is better at "worldy" parties also....you dont have to watch how many you have.....tee hee ; )

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

.the beer is better at "worldy" parties also

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

They are so disconnected from everything.... From each other, the world, their community, their families... It is such an unloving religion - so judgmental- actually I should have said cult, not religion. And they don't see anything of compassion through all the layers of blinders - I am only 4-5 years "awake/out" and yet I am still shedding layers of their indoctrination!

They really just just don't know, they are mentally manipulated & controlled, yet it hurts, I know... I don't believe in God any more, but the expression, "Forgive them, they know not what they do" seems to apply....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

brandnew & drivingforce - This is true. It makes Jehovah(tm) sad, or so I'm told. Well, tough for him!

Thing is, my JW family are welcome to my place any time. I'm not saying that to show who is the more humane person either. It's just a plain fact.

Yes, JWs are brainwashed, I was once too. I understand why they do it......just wish they'd wake up and see. Well, don't we all.

Their house of cards is very fragile indeed.

Never mind, they'll call me when they need something!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Muddy Waters - I have been out 5 years and some of the hardwired stuff is really hard to remove.

They know not what they do indeed.....sadly the leaders know only too well and don't give a monkeys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit