STALKING by Elders

by FreeFallin 7 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I was just wondering...can elders be reported to the police for stalking their members? I know you can report anything you like, but would it be taken seriously? You know, the stake-outs to see who's committing immorality, or waiting in your driveway till you get home to corner you about something, or even just showing up on your doorstep unannounced to ask it you still believe it's "the truth."

I went to the Stalking webpage and just copied any state at random, it happened to be South Carolina.

ARTICLE 17: HARASSMENT AND STALKING

passed in 1995

Section 16-3-1700. As used in this article:

(A) "Harassment" means a pattern of intentional, substantial, and unreasonable intrusion into the private life of a targeted person that causes the person and would cause a reasonable person in his position to suffer mental distress. Harassment may include, but is not limited to:

(1) following the targeted person as he moves from location to location;

(2) visual, physical, or verbal contact that is initiated, maintained, or repeated after a person has been provided notice that the contact is unwanted;

(3) surveillance of or the maintenance of a presence near the targeted person's: (a) residence; (b) place of work; (c) school; or (d) another place regularly occupied by the targeted person; and

FreeFallin

(of the yellow class,stuck again!)

• Farkel
    Farkel

On at least several occassions, elders have been sued and lost for stalking. Jim Penton mentions several examples in his book "Apocalypse Delayed." In one case, they harrassed a poor woman so much she had to be hospitalized.

Elder will continue to stalk, however. They view themselves as above any law but Watchtower Law(tm). Watchtower Law(tm) and common human decency have nothing in common.

Farkel

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I don't know if any over zealous elder would do that. But I was a victim of #2 section A, not by the elders but by my mom who is a JW. I was going insane. I could feel myself. Fortunately I had a chance to get away for a few days. Otherwise I would be in a mental institution by now.

• belbab
    belbab

Free fallin, stuck in the yellow again, tell me about it.

In the icon bar above the area you write your posts is one of a little roll of toilet paper next to the paper clip. click on it and it will say, clear formatting.if I don't click on it the yellow, or bold, or italics or whatever continues. If I click on it like I just did it stops. Sometimes it does not seem to work for some reason or other. I am still trying to figure out why. You can also highlight it with your cursor and then click the toilet roll and it will be removed.

belbab

• TheStar
    TheStar
    In the icon bar above the area you write your posts is one of a little roll of toilet paper next to the paper clip.

That's an eraser dear.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I was victim of 1, 2 and 3. I wish I had known then that I could've gone to the police, because I would have. The elders followed me on my EMT course - a three hour drive away, and stayed in the same hotel I did. (I had my own room - unlike the other students who were paired up).

When I look back now, there are so many areas where I could have nailed their proverbial asses to the wall - if only, if only , if only.

Mimilly

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

(((Mimilly)))

What lengths will these people go to?! That was really alot more than i had in mind, it's hard to imagine anyone having the time for such nonsense.

Belbab, thank you..I have so much to learn about this web thing. Oh, and would that T-paper be with ripples or without? LOL

Free

• SYN
    SYN

<sticks up paw>

Hi, my name is [SYN], and I'm a victim of Elder Stalking.

Well, not technically stalking, but their "agents in the field" (worldly people who knew me AND them) reported back to them well enough for them to find out I was fornicating more than a prize bull in a field full of cows in heat. !SUCKERS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit