Jehovah's People

by uriah 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• uriah
    uriah

Since the program and at other times when JW's are 'in the news' I have always been told that
    'Jehovah's People' would not do that kind of thing etc.
    A typical response to the Panorama was 'It's all apostates isn't it' or 'they were good actors' -
    yeah, right the guy in 'cuffs being lead to the clink, great acting.
    What is my point you ask, mildly.
    It is this. The bible is full of incidents of 'Jehovahs People' doing the most appaling things.
    One that come to mind is child sacrifice to molech. Blatant apostacy, worhiping Baal. @jehovah is not seeing us', they trill. What!. Surely not! Jehovah's People don't do that sort of thing!
    Another matter, if the Panorama team asked TJ at the assembly about the trinity or somesuch, would they have got the same kind of response.
    It seems to me that 'spiritual israel' more than mimicks fleshly israel of old.
    Well, tha is my 2p's worth.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, child abusers are found in every strata of society, race, nationality, etc. The only area that is not uniform is gender. Way more men than women are molesters. It is probably due to the need to have power and the fact that men have more power in society.

Not Mormons, not Democrats, not blacks, not millionaires, not poor people, not boy scouts, not social workers, not police officers, not teachers....yes, molesters are in all those groups and more. No group is exempt.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

uriah, well said!

My guess is that after Bill sent out the letter to the GB and T.J. debut on T.V., the GB and The WTS Inc. got so upset esp. with the body of elders in Bill's congregation. Maybe that's why they want to talk to Bill now.

Just for reminder, there are the Governing Body and the Watchtower Corporation. These two work together, but not the same. The Prez and Vice Prez we hear are from the corporation. For more detail read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz.

• uriah
    uriah

This is true, blondie, and not in contention. It just struck me that 'Jehovah's People' dont't
    believe that 'Jehovah's People' do anything 'worldy' and are exempt from the temptations and frailties that affect all mankind. I remember being told that we (JW's) don't get depressed because we 'have the kingdom'. I was always being told to wear my kingdom smile. 'Where's your kingdom smile?' they would say. You'd end up like some cheshire cat if they had their way.

Edited by - uriah on 19 July 2002 12:12:3

• blondie
    blondie

My experience shows that the members of a group usually respond, "oh they couldn't be a molester because they are like me, in the same group I am, and I know I'm not a molester thus they can't be one either."

Until recently, few Catholics could conceive that a priest could be a molester. Few teachers can believe that "one of their own" could be a molester. I work with many different groups and the response is so similar it is eerie.

But JWs do have a responsibility to admit that even they have molesters among them. Claiming to belong to a group that claims to be Christian is no guarantee that people follow the precepts in the Bible. Only observing their actions.

• uriah
    uriah

Yes I agree. What should have happened is the WTS should have held up their hands and said 'Yes, we have a problem (Huston :) ). We are looking into it. We accept that our policy was wrong and we apologise unreservedly to all those affected by it.' But that may have cost too much in qudos and 's. But it would have at least been honest. But all we got were weasle words and spin. Shame on them.

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit