UGG - Welcome to the Board

by Nowfree 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Welcome!

After being indoctrinated against talking to apostates for years, it IS scarey to suddenly start talking on the internet. But it does help to talk with others who have had the same experiences of the WT society - otherwise you end up thinking you are the only one finding a problem with it.

Don't be intimidated by your local elders - they are just as indoctrinated as the rest, and probably have secret fears themselves about the organisation.

I was brought up as a JW for 20 years, was baptised. I left 18 months ago - I now feel happier than I have ever done - I can think for myself, make decisions for myself. From the outside of the religion, you get a better picture of it - I now know it is a cult, i can see it for myself. Every JW being told what to do, when to do it, what to say, and what to wear! Whether you can have blood transfusions etc. Mind control all the time.

Well done for making this first step!

Email me if you like

Nowfree

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hello, UGG!

I did notice you posting on another thread (where Waiting welcomed you) and am glad to have this opportunity to say hello.

Don't know any more about you than what Nowfree implied above, either, but I've only been here a little over a year, and I have found this place to be both wonderful and therapeutic! Hope it's the same for you!

outnfree

• ugg
    ugg

it was beyond scarey......i was terrified......i was told,,,,speaking to you,,,,was like speaking to the

devil.....my husband is an elder,,,,and i am still "IN THE TRUTH" but have basically been in hiding

for a year....no meetings,,,,long story as to how i have managed that.....conscience and guilt, guilt

and more guilt are still active....but it is very very slowly getting better....it has been very hard....

i almost took my life......another long story....i think you just reach a point where it becomes a

matter of survival,,,,,,and just say NO MORE....i am lonely.....as you all know,,,,you cannot have

worldily friends....and i don't have any....except where i work.....and i don't socialize with witnesses....i cannot deal with it on a mental level.....although they have been kind,,,,and have tried

to reach me...in every way possible....i do not wish to hurt my family,,,,,i have been in the truth

for 30 years....i know THE HURT,,,THE SHAME,,,,THE GUILT,,,,that results from not being

obedient....it is not an individual punishment,,,,,it affects every one....and so public.....i guess i

am venting.....i worked all night.....and had to put in over time....so i am tired....and trying to

relax.....the thing that has surprized me the most,,,,is that you are PEOPLE.....what i have been

told and taught,,,,is you are all completely evil.......but what i see is that you laugh,,,care,,,,,

and seem to tell the truth.....how odd....from what i expected......i have lived in a dark tunnel....

i have NEVER had worldily friends.....as a result,,,,,i also have no social skills....HICK!!!!!!! i don't

know what the future will hold.....the old saying time will tell.....i do not know how long i will be

allowed to stay in hiding....forever i hope.....as i am doing better.....i have worldily family that i

am close to....they do not live by me,,,,but i talk and write often,,,,i love them all....but how do you

say,,,,i love you,,,,and by the way god is going to kill you because you are not good enough to

save?????? i cannot deal with all of the reasoning any more....and i don't want to....ENOUGH....

OH MY,,,,i have really vented....thought i would write a novel....ha ha ha....time for bed....good night.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((UGG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Hi, ugg, welcome! You sound very sweet and I hope things go well for you! I like your name. hahaha

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Big hugs to you Ugg ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Keep talking to us on the board - some of us are exJWs, some are those who have been studies, some are existing JWs like you, wanting to know whether they are the only ones who are seriously dissatisfied with the WT Society.

This is an open forum - all ideas, thoughts, jokes are welcome. We do not berate anyone's ideas, we do discuss them and ask each other questions about them, but we respect each other's differing beliefs.

Some have gone on to other religions, some (like me!) are totally against organised religion, and query whether there is a God in the first place, but the majority of us respect each other.

Do not feel you have to conform to ANYBODY elses ideas or opinions, cos that is all they are. If you have thoughts, fears then share them with us. It does help!

Keep posting!

Hugs again

Nowfree

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((((((((((((((((((( ugg )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit