self rightous slugs

by space 2 Replies latest jw friends

• space
    space

Have you ever thought back on the elders, min servants, pioneers and all the other people that have such a high rank in the cong and thought, " These people are incompentent self rightous slugs" These were are rolemodels? Half stuttering dillusional half minds. Everybody has to remember the certain elder in the cong. who could barely change his own depends,none the less remember your name in the Sunday watchtower reading. And the four hours practicing your comment went to waste because everybody is staring at the podium wondering if he knows his dentures have fallen out of his mouth.

Then you have the thurs night num. 2 talk where the person on the podium is stuttering his way into a 12 min overtime, then after the meeting they are praised on how good of a job they did. Knowing damn well that everybody was squirming in there seats just hoping to get home in time to watch Jay Leno.

Then of course you always had the Two North centerfold that would raise their hand on every question and would be ignored until that one defining moment when no one else would raise their hand. And that was my favorite circus show of the meetings. The nuerotic bablings of a obvious schitzo with 14 crying babys in the background trying to grab the attention with a brilliant comment.

I almost want to get some popcorn and go back on a Sunday and watch Gods people at work.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Two North centerfold

please explain this idiom as I am unfamiliar with it.

There are some fairly nice & decent elders out there. Usually they don't last long.

The PO of a congo I attended for a couple o' years was a complete borg-brain. He had perfected, more than any other elder I knew, the "are you doing all you can" (tm) and the "don't be offended or take issue with anything because even though it's God's org it is made up of imperfect men" (tm) Watchtower overseer mantras. Maybe that's why he was in the substitute-CO work, well on his way to being a regular CO. He just about made me ill. I was well on my way out by the time I quit that congo.

Edited by - dantheman on 18 July 2002 21:46:7

• space
    space

Two North as in the crazy house or institution. And centerfold is self explanitory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit