Disfellowshipping.....To Protect The Cong?!

by ISP 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Thats often the reason given by the WTS. Yet Bill Bowen faces excommunication whilst 23,000+ paedophiles remain in the association of Jehovah's witnesses. The WTS could hardly care less what happens to little children or what evil pervades the kingdom halls as long as no one tries to disturb the ether.

ISP

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

They don't want the group consciousness distrubed.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Good point ISP.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

The witnesses know that as soon as they relax the rule on dis-fellowshipping, they will never be able to control the rank and file again.

That's why Bill is being hunted down. He has been proven right. But that will not change anything.

How can they say they are sticking to bible principles and yet judging, even going so far as to have their own judicial system.

Crazy.

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

df'ing keeps 'mother' (the org.) in control of the flock...

'we feed you food at the proper time, protect you, tell you how to dress & how to speak & who to associate with & how to live & what is fun & what is bad for you & what you should read and watch and listen to and drive & what jobs are ok to pursue, ...and when you can pee and when you can have donuts...'

Edited by - bad_associashun on 18 July 2002 20:1:35

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If you read their elders secret manual, it says that the congregations interest are put ahead of individual interests. So it is protect the congregation from corruption at all costs.

Will

• ISP
    ISP

Hi william

So it is protect the congregation from corruption at all costs.

Well, the 23,000 paedophiles are corrupting and what has Bill done?

ISP

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

They only wish to protect their power base and keep all the little sheep dumb as can be. Ones like Bill, Barbara Anderson and the Pandelas threaten their existence. They awaken the conscience and might get some to actually think instead of blindly following the Watchtower and accepting their ever changing doctrines.

No, the only protection they wish for the congregation is to protect themselves, at the cost of the R&F and innocent children.

Lew W

• ISP
    ISP

Exactly Dakota............its straining out the gnat only to swallow the camel.........

ISP

• ballistic
    ballistic

Lets face it, their judicial system itself is crap, regardless of their higher motives. It allows, as I saw in one congregation, determined brothers to 'play' the system, with one 30 year old brother laying every teenager and some married sisters one-after-another and repenting every time. Eventually they disfellowshipped him under the repetition-for-emphasis rule and 6 months later he was re-instated to continue in his service work.

Meanwhile, it is honest hearted people, people who admit to their wrong and who will not use semantics to fein 'repentance' who are promptly ousted. I was still not sure what had hit me after my judicial committee which disfellowshipped me and my partner in 20 mins, having lived in an physically abusive JW family for years with the elders 'hand's tied' to do nothing. Each time they visited my step-father, he dressed up in his suit, used aires and graces, told them that my mother was mentally ill and therefore not a reliable witness, and that us children missed our real father and were therefore biased unreliable witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit