Canada and Child Abuse - Need a Program There

by Gedanken 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

Dateline was aired in the US, Panorama in the UK - the missing link seems to be Canada. A segment on As It Happens, which is broadcast in much of the US would be terrific. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Gedanken

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have already wrote an Email to CBC to get them to air the Panorama segment on Canadian television. I know they do air BBC stuff from time to time. I think the more that write to them and ask the better chance we have of them airing it.

Will

• apostate
    apostate

I just created a web form yesterday which could work well for this purpose. By filling out this form you guys can submit contact information about Newspaper Companies, TV and Radio Stations etc.

When you guys click on the submit button the information on this page will be captured into a database. This database of e-mail addresses could be used to mass mail the media about the next big Watchtower scandel.

All we need to do is to find someone who could compose a well-written letter when something important is going on and e-mail this letter to all the media e-mail addresses in the database using a spamming program. The media would love it.

It is a fast and effective way to make more publicity. We just have to buid it. The more addresses we get the better it is.

If you are interested in this project please find media contact information and submit it on this form.

http://198.92.121.159/~hsmith/media/

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

CBC radio is also a great forum for getting information across as well. Almost 2 months ago I was able to hear most of Shelagh Rogers interview with the father whose daughter has leukemia. Very moving and Shelagh to me is one of the best. Great gal for the job.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Dateline was aired in Canada but a bad combination of a meeting night and a crucial hockey game meant few saw the program. There may be a Canadian equivelent to the British and American programs but Canadian JWs are needed to come forward with personal experiences that would show a failure on the part of the Society with regard to child abuse.

If you or someone you know has such an experience that you are willing to share, I'm sure Bill Bowen could put you in touch with the appropriate people.

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Gedanken,

It is good to see you posting again.

The Toronto Star has issued a report on the abuse back in May. Of course Dateline was seen here too but as Path said there was a hockey game on. People would have seen Letterman too.

For the record I have this covered in a major way. I really don't want to say to much more because of the "hounding" that Bill Bowen took while the Dateline program got aired. I don't want to put up with the crap that was spewed his way. You might have noted that the BBC program was kept quiet too.

I have spent months finding victims, court cases and arranging meetings with a "high up" producer at a major network.

Pathofthorns - Canadian JW victims and other advocates ARE coming forward. Advocates and victims who are even on this db site.

I will say this - Canada WILL BE having a major event within the next 3 months.

Therefore I hope no else posts on this thread.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 18 July 2002 8:30:17

• jwsons
    jwsons

The best way, I think, we should send a raw (home-recording) tape to them. Even though they did hear about scandal from State and UK, but usually they couldn't image how important to Canadian audience. Remember to write down it is a home recording not for commercial purpose to avoid the copyright matter. Only a suggedtion. Better look and touch rather thaN just hear rumors. It's marketting policy.

jwsons

• jukief
    jukief

Several years ago, CBC produced an excellent documentary called "Children of Jehovah." Maybe we can tell them how impressed we were with that program and encourage them to follow up with the issue of pedophiles.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

jukief,

You don't read?

They have been encouraged and taken the "bait" beyond your wildest dreams.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit