Prescribed walking times @ Conventions?

by nativenyr23 5 Replies latest social relationships

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

I just read this off another thread that was on the JWZone...

"At my DC, I sit in my seat for the entire teaching program. I sing, I take notes, I enjoy it, I feel moved, encouraged, blessed. I dutifully walk only at prescribed walking times."

I know i've been out for a while, but....this is new to me. PRESCRIBED WALKING TIMES? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT? Jesus....what do they do, assign you a time to get up and pee and stretch your legs? is it assigned by last name? congregation? or do they all mill about at the same time (all several thousand at once). can someone fill me in on that one?

that just blew me away.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Uh, I think they're referring to the noontime intermission...

• SYN
    SYN

That was a very sad post. The woman writing the post was going through a lot of the same stuff that many publishers go through while they're in the BORG.

Technically, you're only supposed to walk around between the sessions - you will be told to sit down by an attendant if you try going for a nice leg-stretching walk during the session. Probably the best idea would be to visit your car, permanently.

• Matty
    Matty

I've spent many of my years going to two conventions - yes two, sometimes more! Why? Well, apart from being a glutton for punishment I go to what's called a "listening" and a "working" convention. Many of my family do this as well.

When I have been at my working convention running errands for various departments it has meant me walking around the concourse during the sessions. Particularly when I was in my teens I was sometimes approached by over-eager attendants and told to return to my seat. This has always angered me, why on earth do I have to explain to some idiot that I don't have a "seat" and have already been to an assembly! Sheesh!

Edited by - Matty on 18 July 2002 5:5:3

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

what if you have to take a whiz?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

You could always take a whiz on the attendants shoes, maybe he'd get the hint you had to pee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit