Very Offensive Statement Directed To JW Parents-Watchtower 4/15/2015 Page 11 Paragraph 9

by JW GoneBad 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

We asked experienced elders in some 20 Western lands to tell us why they think some young brothers...

So they ask elders what they think? Not facts or surveys, just their thoughts and their guesses.

• Splash
    Splash

It seems to be a very long standing problem.
    Maybe this is just a regular article they wheel out periodically.

ARE THERE ENOUGH ELDERS?

NO - w15 4/15 p. 4 par. 3 Elders, How Do You Feel About Training Others?
    more brothers are needed to keep existing congregations spiritually strong and to allow new congregations to be formed.

YES - es15 p. 94 September
    Jehovah certainly has provided an abundance of spiritual men

NO - w14 9/15 p. 3 Are You “Reaching Out”?
    there is a need for more brothers to reach out

YES - w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 16 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today
    Today, Jehovah certainly has provided an abundance of spiritual men to shepherd his precious sheep

NO - w11 11/15 p. 2 Table of Contents
    There is a need for men who can take the lead in spiritual matters

NO - p. 28 par. 2 Train Others to Reach Out
    there continues to be a need for men to take the lead in spiritual matters. For instance, Christian elders are greatly needed.

NO - p. 32 par. 17 Train Others to Reach Out
    consider the fact that there is a great need for mature men to accept privileges of service in God’s organization

NO - w10 5/15 p. 24 par. 3 Brothers—Sow to the Spirit and Reach Out!
    there is a great need for ministerial servants and elders today

NO - w06 11/15 p. 13 A School Whose Graduates Benefit People Worldwide
    there is an ever-increasing need for dedicated men to reach out for greater responsibility

NO - w01 1/1 p. 9 par. 7 Be Built Up by Love
    there is a great need for more elders

NO - w93 1/1 p. 21 par. 14 Shepherding With Our Grand Creator
    There is an outstanding need for all baptized male Witnesses to reach out for further privileges

NO - w90 4/15 p. 25 ‘Fishing for Men’ in Belize
    There is a great need for mature brothers to take the lead in the congregations.

YES - w80 9/1 p. 21 par. 1 Overseers—Be Fine Examples to “the Flock”
    This fact is recognized by thousands of dedicated, spiritual men who are entrusted with this privilege today

• smiddy
    smiddy

O.K. So i counted 3 yes and 9 no`s as to whether their were enough elders , so young ones in the congregations are not reaching out for advancement in theocratic activities .

HOOORRRAAYYYY

smiddy

• dozy
    dozy

I remember a young MS in our congregation - early 30's - had a decent job and lived a good life with his pretty wife & nice young kids- regular weekend breaks away , not out much on the ministry etc. He was very clever & capable & his talks were excellent - he was a far better speaker than most of our elders. I was the School Overseer & he was great for last minute stand-ins. We discussed him every visit but we never could appoint him. Very occasional shepherding calls on him & his wife elicited quite vague responses , but the stock answer from him was that he had a lot of work & family commitments but would "try to do more". He never did , of course.

I was good friends with him & one weekend me & my family went away with him to Center Parcs & I decided once & for all to have an honest one-on-one chat with him over a few beers. He admitted that his father used to be an elder but had been through so much stress - huge burdens and workload from the WTBTS , phone calls from distressed JWs at 2AM etc etc that he had decided at a young age never to get appointed. He deliberately didn't do enough & was quite happy being a MS. He hated the ministry & regarded it as counter-productive in that it put off more people from becoming JWs than it brought in. He even said that in the couple of months before a CO visit he made sure his report was pretty low , as he knew his record card would be getting looked at. In the very unlikely event that he was ever appointed , he said he would turn it down.

I've lost contact since I faded , but the last I heard he still is just a MS. He was honest , but I wonder just how many 20 or 30 year old JWs either consciously or subconsciously do the same.

• steve2
    steve2

So, brothers, it appears that Roman Catholics are not alone in experiencing a shortage of suitable male candidates for leadership positions. Thank you GB for your remarkable candor about the state of the organization.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    And a big thank you to the brothers who can see that taking on responsibilities in the JWorg only leads to trouble and disappointment.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

So now it is OK for 'younger ones' to blame their parents for not giving them spiritual goals?

How does this square with Tony Morris' recent convention talk where in he says that only toddlers are covered by their parent's salvation, actually mentioning toddlers as the only exception?

According to Tony, young ones have to stand on their two feet and can't rely on their parents; if they go to the kingdom hall, they are hearing they should be reaching out and should be reaching out.

Is there even one person in Bethel that works on continuity of message?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This survey idea is quite funny, no?

We are supposed to believe that they mailed out a survey to elders, sorted out the 'experienced ones' from the non-experienced ones.

The entire idea is filled with great incredulity; that elders would give honest answers to the questions, that they would have been given honest answers from 'younger ones' in the first place, and the final jaw dropper: that leadership believes they are getting honest answers from elders who get threatened on a regular basis for saying anything that does not fit with 'mother's' view of matters.

An answer that stands out would be one that says, I don't WANT to be an elder, because ......insert answer here, it is a terrible job, I will have to DF someone even if I don't think it's right, .......

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The MS's (at least in some halls I've been in) do the heavy lifting and crap work. Basically elders bitches, if they get appointed elders and all the bitches turn into elders, who will lick the elders @$$hole??? That's why they don't push them. Really leaders always make more leaders. Crap leaders (elders) protect their position with utmost insecurity.
  • hoser
    hoser

Crap leaders (elders) protect their position with utmost insecurity

that pretty much sums up the problem. It is the elders and organizations own fault that there are so few reaching out and those reaching out are made to jump through hoops to get appointed.

It is not the fault of the parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit