Very Offensive Statement Directed To JW Parents-Watchtower 4/15/2015 Page 11 Paragraph 9

by JW GoneBad 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel
    They will never let pass a good opportunity to trash education.
  • steve2
    steve2

Educated people are less likely to swallow emotional bullsh*t. Hell, the GB cannot afford to ease up on bad-mouthing education.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This discussion gives me another opportunity to play with some numbers. In the congregation that I frequent currently there are 8 elders. I know all these guys pretty well. In fact I'm acquainted with a good many of the elders throughout the circuit. If I raddled my brain enough I could put together quite an extensive list of elders who are in the 50 to say 75 age group who have all if not most of their 20 to 30 year old sons either disassociated (officially and unofficially), disfellowshipped, inactive, serving as minimal ministerial servants or who are very low hour publishers and poor meeting attenders. My guess is that many if not most of these elders took umbrage to what paragraph 9 & 10 said. Not to mention that the wives of these elders, who by the way are the mothers of these 20 to 30 year 'disengaged' sons couldn't have been too flattered by what 'Mother' had to say about their parenting skills.

Of the 8 elders in my congregation, 3 fall under the category of having 7 'disengaged' sons between them. Not one of these elders commented on either paragraph 9 or 10...nor their wives. Very telling indeed!

Most of the congregations throughout this region have anywhere from 9 to 11 and more elders serving in each congregations. I would say that most of these congregations have a very high percentage of elders in that 50 to 75 year range who in turn have more than their share of 'disengaged' sons.

The WT has prided itself in saying that worldwide there are 115,000 congregations of JWs. Can you imagine how many 50 to 75 year old men serving in these congregations as elders find themselves in this category of having 'disengaged' sons? It goes without saying that many an elder and his wife must feel insulted, outraged and offended by this article.

Way to go 'Mother'!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit