Very Offensive Statement Directed To JW Parents-Watchtower 4/15/2015 Page 11 Paragraph 9

by JW GoneBad 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

WT is insinuating, worse yet, blaming senior JW parents for there not being more younger brothers reaching out to be ministerial servants and elders. Page 11 Paragraph 9 reads as follows:

"Elders in affluent lands may face an added challenge: how to motivate baptized brothers in their 20’s or 30’s to get involved in congregation activities. We asked experienced elders in some 20 Western lands to tell us whythey think some young brothers shy away from accepting congregation privileges. Among the answers received,one stands out: While they were growing up, some young ones were not encouraged to pursue spiritual goals. In fact, in some cases, young ones who were inclined to set such goals were encouraged by their parents to pursue secular goals instead! The truth never came first in the life of such young ones.—Matt. 10:24."

Add insult to injury WT sites Mat 10:24 saying in essence that JW parents who are now in their 50's, 60's, and 70's were lousy teachers when bringing up their children: 'A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master.' In other words young JW men are only going to be as good as their JW parents have taught them! So.....blame the parents!

• millie210
    millie210

Well their first mistake was asking elders anything...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The whole article was stupid. Especially when they assert that "disengaged" brothers need their thinking adjusted. They also say to never underestimate the affect that reading F.O.G inducing scriptures will have on a brother.

As usual they fail to address the real issue as to why there is a shortage of "qualified" brothers.

Last but not least, they make sure to let any "learner" know that changes arise from the needs of the WTBTS inc., and NOT because some upstart sees the need for change.

STFU AND BE BLESSED!

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    We asked experienced elders in some 20 Western lands to tell us why they think some young brothers shy away from accepting congregation privileges.

Yes. I'm sure they did. They surely can't be making this up. Would they lie to you? Where's the evidence for this supposed straw poll?

Among the answers received,one stands out:

The only thing that stands out is what they want to guilt trip you with. If they did ask these 'experienced elders' (we know they didn't really), this would be the last thing they'd say...unless they are brown nosing.

The real answer is that the kids are seeing through the BS of the corporation lies.

• hoser
    hoser
    I'm already seeing some of the elders being more friendly to me.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

The real reason? Those young men believed 100% what the Governing Body told them in the Watchtower -

w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 16 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today - "Today, Jehovah certainly has provided an abundance of spiritual men to shepherd his precious sheep, to strengthen his people for the future attack of the modern-day “Assyrian.”

They know that they're not needed!! Or could the G.B. have been lying????????????

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    The elders are taking this bullshit to heart at my hall. There aren't really any "brothers" reaching out. I'm not looking forward to them asking me what my spiritual goals are as the article instructed them to do. I hated this article. I just want to be left alone.
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    And the "senior" parents of these 20 and 30 somethings are the generation who grew up in the 60's and 70's who were told not to get any higher education because this old system wouldn't be around long enough for them to finish. Now these same "senior" parents are facing retirement with no real savings from working menial jobs. Perhaps they didn't want the same uncertain future to befall their children so they encouraged them to do more than sell magazines door to door.. I know in my own family, 2 of my cousins (both elders) have kids who went to college. And pleeeease, adults do what they want, in the real world you don't tell adult children what to do or make decisions about their higher education. The society acts as though you dictate to your children all their lives. Some just aren't cut out to be drones!
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

Watchtower, It has nothing to do with parents. What it comes down to is introspection and exposure. People in their 20's and especially 30's start thinking. After 20-30 years in the truth, there has been an accumulative exposure to people in the field and at work who are knowledgeable about evolution and inconsistencies in creationism. They learn from "non-apostates" the lies and contradictions percolating in the organization. They realize that none of what they have been taught as truth makes any sense. They release that they will have to retire and die in the real world, so they have to actually live in the real world and get a full-time job etc.

There comes a point in life when the scales fall off and you realize that you are slaving for a human organization that wants all of your time, money and energy before you die. Therefore, young ones everywhere are dropping the microphone and exiting stage left. You can hear the jingle as the shackles of Fear, Obligation and Guilt slide off their ankles at the door.

• Ding
    Ding
    It can't be the organization's fault so they blame the rank and file JWs, as usual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit