Jehovah's Witnesses in deep denial

by Half banana 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

There can be no more profound form of ignorance than one which prohibits knowledge. The Watchtower organisation is one of the last remaining dinosaurs to do this. Instead of considering the biological and ecological complexity of life it gazes into its own oily navel and says with open-mouthed ‘Disneyfied’ wonderment, ”How marvellous nature is, how sacred Jehovah is, how wonderful the governing body are!”

With deliberate avoidance of learning about the origins of the Bible; it praises its holiness. Without thinking that Jehovah began as a cow headed idol in a minor pagan cult; it worships this god. Everything they hold is without thinking, without investigation and without examination! They confuse and conflate knowledge of the Bible with reality.

How can anyone understand the Bible without looking at the history of the texts they were formed from? How can the source ideas be understood without knowing the religious and political climate in which they were written... and when and where those ideas were first recorded... and by whom...and for whom...and for what purpose they were borrowed and copied and included in the canon?

The JW org make the astounding claim that they alone know the intentions of God’s mind, they say that you only need to listen to them for all instruction in life...preposterous! They think they know everything and they try to prevent external information getting to their flock they even cut out information about their earlier history. All this and yet they have never got any one thing right in their whole history. Mistakes being eclipsed by magic "new light."

They have now invested their corporate hope in the JW mass media propaganda machine. However through the internet, the world is already seeing that this cult religion with its “Bible based beliefs” is looking distinctly out of step with modern life which increasingly offers compassionate, tolerant, science based progress. In turn they are trying to compensate with a squeaky clean ‘televangelist’ image whilst trampling on education, promoting homophobia, shunning family members, stifling personal growth and relishing the claim that their God says he will destroy those who don’t believe in him.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are in deep psychological denial, what hope is there of them coming clean and admitting the fact?

• stillin
    stillin

Mistakes being eclipsed by magic "new light."

my wife gets angry if I put it that way. Her thought is that whatever the going belief was at the time, even if it has been "adjusted" since, that was the teaching that Jehovah's people NEEDED at that time. Therefore it was still the "truth."

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I don't think the JW religion is the last hold out. There are millions, no billions of people that share similar delusions.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Adjusted, my point was that there are not many large organisations such as the JW org with 8 million followers who condemn education. There are of course billions of uneducated and poor who still look to religion for some hope in life.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah's Witnesses in deep denial

......Image result for Jehovah`s witness logo.....Image result for DENIAL

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Oily navel........ha ha....kinda gross....but lol..
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "Her thought is that whatever the going belief was at the time, even if it has been 'adjusted' since, that was the teaching that Jehovah's people NEEDED at that time. Therefore it was still the 'truth'."

That was exactly my Dad's position, too.

Credit where credit's due; it was a compelling argument, at least, for me; it was a significant factor in keeping me "in" far as long as I did.

I don't think the Society themselves came up with it... too clever. :wink:

• stillin
    stillin
    Wow! My wife said the same thing!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

These days, I consider it an (admittedly creative) form of biased mental gymnastics.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

My take on the chosen path of ignorance the vast majority of JW's choose:

http://darrinhart.hubpages.com/hub/Jehovahs-Witnesses-and-The-Chosen-Path-of-Ignorance

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit