Daniel Pearl - Any of this sound familiar?

by Sam Beli 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Sheikh Omar Defiant After Pearl Death Sentence

Mon Jul 15, 6:06 AM ET

By Imran Maqbool

HYDERABAD, Pakistan (Reuters) - A court in Pakistan sentenced British-born Islamic militant Sheikh Omar to death Monday for the kidnap and murder of U.S. reporter Daniel Pearl, drawing a threat of vengeance and calls for Muslims to respond.

Omar, full name Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, and three accomplices convicted along with him showed no emotion as each verdict and sentence was read at the end of closed-door trial. The court jailed the accomplices for life.

But the fury was evident as relatives and lawyers spoke outside the court.

Omar's lawyer, Rai Bashir, who told reporters the defense would appeal, read out a message from his client saying that anyone who tried to carry out the death sentence risked a similar fate.

"I will see whether who wants to kill me will first kill me or get himself killed," Omar, 28, said in his message.

"I have been saying before, this entire (trial) is just waste of time...

It is a decisive war between Islam and kafir (infidels) and everyone is individually proving on which side he is."

Any of this sound familiar?

• voltaire
    voltaire

I guess that puts me squarely in the infidel camp. It's frightening how similar the mentalities of fundamentalist religions can be.

Hope you're doing well Sam,

Regards,

Ron

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This makes me so sick! Every single one of those men deserves to be decapitated in the same way they did in Pearl, if any of you happed to catch the video tape they made of the execution, you will know exactly what I am talking about...it still turns my stomach whenever I think of it, these men were sick and twisted and the fact that people think they are justified in their actions just goes to show how stupid religion makes people.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    "I will see whether who wants to kill me will first kill me or get himself killed," Omar, 28, said in his message

I'd volunteer to put the bullet in between his eyes

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit