Can anyone tell me please....

by Europe 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Europe
    Europe

Can anyone tell me please where it is written in the Bible or in an Awake that women have to scream while being raped? I've read it somewhere but cant find it anymore, sorry!!! Thanx in advance!

• Matty
    Matty

The "How to reason with a rapist" thread is definitely worth looking at Europe:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=27879&site=3

• SYN
    SYN

Rape? Oh, you mean FORNICATION!

Dungbeetle, please show this person a bit of the ole Light!

• Europe
    Europe

Thanx a lot Matty!!

• avengers
    avengers

Deuteronomy 22:27. I'll see if I can find some more.

Deuteronomy 22:24

Edited by - avengers on 15 July 2002 8:40:56

• Europe
    Europe

Thanx avengers!

• Europe
    Europe

Any more recent articles than this one??????

*** Watchtower 1968 June 1 pp.345-50 The Christian's View of Self-Defense ***

Would it be different if the man had a weapon and threatened to kill you if you did not submit? No, the Scriptures plainly state that Christians are under obligation to "flee from fornication." (1 Cor. 6:18) It is true that you face the possibility of death in this case. But you have no guarantee that if you meekly submit, your assailant will not kill you anyhow to avoid identification.

As his comment was:

"Btw. they are from 1968, we have had hundreds of new articles concerning these topics during the last 34 years with a more progressive understanding. Funny that they didn't take these ones.""

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Try going here:

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/rape_is_fornication.htm

It has lots of quotes on the topic as well as quotes that say the opposite. If you haven't seen this web-site before you'll find it very helpfull in tracking down their twisted quotes on various topics

Hope its helpfull --

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

To me the really sad part of this is that is an OLD WT, but the elders and MS's that are being used were influenced by this as they grew up, I know I was, (MS for 5 yrs).
    So, while they may have published 'new light' most of the men in power in your local kingdom hall are STILL subconsciously influenced by this ridiculous requirement from THE MOSAIC LAW. Let's see, are we still under the Mosaic Law? Any input?
    I wonder, if the sister resisted, but by chance had worn the very wicked thong panties, if she would be seen as planning to be raped?

God save me from people who help me in this manner.

• Europe
    Europe

Thanx Adonai 438 but I actually was looking for a more recent Awake than the one from 1968!

This J.W. told me: Screaming is a protection, you can also alarm people with it.
    Regardless whether you scream or not, for a common court you have to
    prove that you have been raped by THIS man! And it's much easier if
    people have heard you screaming, don't you think! Thus, a wise direction

He has probably never heard of DNA evidence;-)) And is still stuck to those sick policies ot the WTS;-((

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit