Baptism talk - question

by myself 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myself
    myself

My daughter had to attend the Assembly last weekend due to the fact that it fell during the visitation time that she has with her dad.She noticed a change during the baptism talk and she was't sure if she heard it correctly.

She said the statement just prior to the two questions was that the ones dedicating themselves to baptistm were dedicating themselves to Jehovah and not to an organization.

Yet when the questions were actually asked, it asked if they would dedicate themselves to God and that the baptism identifies you as being in association with Jehovah's Withnesses as God's spirit directed organization . In essence are they still not focusing on dedicating themselves into submission and obligation to a man made organization? Did anyone else who attended the convention notice this?

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Uhh, that's what they said, and then they went ahead and asked the question that had to be answered about aligning yourself with God's spirit directed organization..

I can tell you that the Earth is round, then later ask you a question, do you understand that the earth is square (You answer yes)..

At some point in time later, I can HONESTLY claim that I told you that the earth was round!!!

I was told that at one district assembly, the speaker actually said that after you goto a door and find a receptive person, and are planning to do a return visit, think about the person before you return, this way when you return, you can show your concern by saying HONESTLY that you thought about them since your last visit!!!

Same stuff..!!! They now have an HONEST disclaimer, yet nothing has changed!!!!

• myself
    myself

ItsJustlittleoldme: Thank you for your reply. My daughter saw it as a two-faced statement and wasn't sure that she heard him correctly. I doubt any of those with many years as witnesses even caught what he said.

• noidea
    noidea

Myself....

Good for her for catching that. Now I have to wonder if my dear niece pays that much attention while in school.

• myself
    myself

Noi:

I think her grades shows that she does, as much as she says she dislikes school.

At least she can pick her subjects now. I guarantee it interests her much more then the assembly did.

I think she was looking for ammo to use against the dubs since she really didn't want to be there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit