Quotes from Panorama tonight...

by termite 35 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Everyone;

Love to all those victims on tonights programme; what courageous children and teenagers you are.Thanks to Bill Bowen who came across as the voice of calm reason.

The Panorama child abuse programme has just finished.

The Elders and Ted Jaraz(GB) were made to look like inarticulate, weak, men with a lot to hide...which of course they are.

Just thought you'd like to read the excellent quotes by Detective Sergent Jack Zeller, who came across as being honest,upright,strong and compassionate...

Quote...'Sexual abuse of children is not to be tolerated and I don't care what their reasoning was,it was faulted reasoning'(in ref to the non reporting of abuse to the police)

'They were wrong and as far as I am concerned ,they were CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT, that's my take on it'

Reporter; 'Even with just the child's word?

'With one witness?'

'Just the mother?'

'Without the two witnesses their Bible tells them they need?'

Det.Seg ;' Unfortunately, most kids do not have several witnesses observing them when they get raped, thet's the unfortunate part of it'

Det.Seg; 'I can't imagine how badly she(Holly) must have felt not to have been believed by elders in her own close knit community, what a horrible blow to a child this must have been ;SHAME,SHAME ON YOU'.

Powerful stuff;how witnesses who watched all that, with all the graphic facts, could carry on unquestioning this beast of a cult is incomprehendable.

Shame on them all, especially Gilles; his manner and body language while refusing to answer the reporters' questioned condemmed him as a sly,arrogent man.

edited for punctuation in quotes

Edited by - termite 35 on 14 July 2002 19:12:37

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Today my husband went along to the KH - the letter was read out by the P O, who in his usual arrogant manner told the bro. on the sound not to record the reading of the letter. I have managed to get a copy of the tape from a neighbouring congregation. Tonight we watched the Panorama programme - thank goodness for brave people like William Bowen and all those poor children who have been abused. Thanks go to Panorama for exposing these so called "Christians", I feel ashamed to see friends and nieghbours who know us as witnesses, (over thirty years as JWs). Perhaps the next scandal will be - How have the WTBS amassed all of that money, perhaps they have shares in more companies than we know about.

• Xander
    Xander

not to record the reading of the letter

Letter?

Ehh?

Not recor...

WHAT letter???

Details, details...

• termite 35
    termite 35

I forgot to add that the police in the UK were furious at the Elders conduct in the case of Simon Brady.

They went to see him before the court case and were warned by the police that they were guilty of perverting the course of justice and they could be ARRESTED if that was breached again.

But they made a statement in the congregations that, even after conviction ,the Body of Elders considered the guilty JW an innocent man.

The police demended an appology...and got one.

Hopefully this will mean that in Britain if an elder harasses you before a case comes to court ,the elder can be arrested for perverting the course of justice; at least now they may leave victims alone and not add to their distress.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Xander;go back a few pages and you'll see a post from Dmouse about the letter; it was read to all uk congs today I think,and is about the problems concerning paedophiles in the cong etc.

Actually, I think there were two posts about it...

Twinkle toes; at least if you don't want to be known as a witness any longer you'll probably have ample opportunity to tell people WHY you don't want to be associated anymore and you'll be respected for your stand..xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit