Listen to the live BBC debate NOW!

by Ivor Hope 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

You can listen to the radio debate immediately after the BBC Panorama program at

www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/latenightcurrie

• KenUK
    KenUK

Hmm.. This is one busy radio show - sad to see some defending the jws (but perhaps we'd have done that one day..)

Also sad to see many experiences coming out too...

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Listening now..... what is with all the WOMEN on this show though??

• Simon
    Simon

Interesting that again, the only example offered of them turning someon in to the police was someone 'associated' with the witnesses.

I sent an email to the BBC forum suggesting that this was because it reinforced their doctrine that those outside were 'evil' but serions sins / crimes by serving JWs were covered up to protect the image of them being 'gods clean people'

• Steven
    Steven

Hi,

I just managed to get thro to the radio programme & was told my point may be mentioned but soon after the presenter moved on. However there is meant tot be some other kind of debate tomorrow at 2pm - for more info they said look at the bbc\panorama site.

Anyway I haven't read any of the above yet so sorry if I repeat a point but I was going to say that most JWs don't believe that Jehovah would allow child abuse to happen & definitely not on the scale mentioned in the Panorama programme.

But think - how is Jehovah supposedly going to deal with it when basically it should be reported to the elders who often don't do much with it & very rarely I believe report it to the police. Also how are there meant to be any witnesses to child abuse - the abuser isn't likely to oblige & take a few other witnesses along is he? Hence nothing happens.

And where do the elders get their policies on dealing with this sort of allegation? From the Governing Body - who basically don't want to deal with it - hence it is again ignored - buried.....

How terrible for all those kids who have been abused or will continue to be or will be in the future!

Steven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit