radio five discussion on panorama

by spider 4 Replies latest jw friends

• spider
    spider

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/

check out this live radio link now

• freeborg
    freeborg

Listening to program, loads of experiences being spoken about.

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Went to link but can't find the program. Is it over? Get something about Saudi Arabia. Am I doing something wrong?

• spider
    spider

Don't know why you couldn't get it - its over now but don't worry - Simon said he has recorded it and will make it available soon.

• Steven
    Steven

Hi,

I just managed to get thro to the radio programme & was told my point may be mentioned but soon after the presenter moved on. However there is meant tot be some other kind of debate tomorrow at 2pm - for more info they said look at the bbc\panorama site.

Anyway I haven't read any of the above yet so sorry if I repeat a point but I was going to say that most JWs don't believe that Jehovah would allow child abuse to happen & definitely not on the scale mentioned in the Panorama programme.

But think - how is Jehovah supposedly going to deal with it when basically it should be reported to the elders who often don't do much with it & very rarely I believe report it to the police. Also how are there meant to be any witnesses to child abuse - the abuser isn't likely to oblige & take a few other witnesses along is he? Hence nothing happens.

And where do the elders get their policies on dealing with this sort of allegation? From the Governing Body - who basically don't want to deal with it - hence it is again ignored - buried.....

How terrible for all those kids who have been abused or will continue to be or will be in the future!

Steven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit