Freudian Slip ?

by ChuckD 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Look at this well-reasoned comment from a JW apologist on the BBC's website;

I personally condone such evil acts involving any form of immorality. To even suggest that Jehovah's Witnesses would cover up such behaviour as child molestation should be treated as slander. Ultimately of course, it brings reproach on the name of God himself. If such people were to be found they would be cut off from the Christian organisation and handed over to the authorities. Obviously your informants are former Jehovah's Witnesses, who for some perverted reason want to get their own back. Jehovah is a God of truth and he will ensure that the truth is told.
    David John, Goodwick

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

'Freudian Slip ' and I was gonna ask "From what side of the family"

Ven

• wasasister
    wasasister

"Condone", "Condemn"....I can certainly see how a JW could mix up those two words.

eg: Alternative Military Service...condone? condemn

Blood fractions....condone? condemn?

Voting....condone? condemn?

Chuck: cut the guy some slack. His brain has been fried.

• Valis
    Valis

An you know what else? The good chaps of the BBC email editing dept didn't change it before posting it either! *LOL* There is a bit of justice in this Dogless world after all...See the rest of the ones they have posted so far and don't forget to post your own comment. I have the page embedded in the following thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32121&site=3

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I noticed that a few of the comments spoke of the show in the future tense, as though they had these responses loaded and ready to go well before actually seeing the program at all. I also noticed one long winded comment from someone who had "friends who are Jehovah's Witnesses" but was not a witness his or herself (sure, I believe you). Yes, the world is chock-a-block full of people who are very impressesd indeed by the witnesses, just read any of the society's publications for plenty of examples.

Isn't it interesting that the fact that the witnesses ducked every opportunity to speak on camera and defend themselves against these charges was completely lost on those who wrote in so far?

cd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit