Super Boat International offshore racing

by VeniceIT 3 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HEY Folks I was out sunbathing a bit and thought it was strange that there was a group of boats stopped just off the beach. I wondered what was going on but didn't think about it. went inside and was like what on earth is that and I went outside to see hundreds of boats lined up and 6 helicopters flying in circles. SOOO I got online and discouvered I have a front row seat for the " Super Boat International offshore racing circuit comes to South Florida " Racing will be held on a 5-mile-long course just 100 yards off the beach.
    " More than 35 boats are expected to compete in 10 classes, including Superboat, Superboat Vee, Superboat Unlimited and Superboat Vee Unlimited, which will run 19 laps for a total of 95 miles."

WHoohooo this is soo awesome I just had to share!!!! yippekiiyaaaaay!!!

Ven [D8]

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Sheez, Ven. Between you and Mr Moe, ya'll are making me homesick for Florida!

There used to be a race down the Intracostal Waterway and back that I never missed. Of course, there was always Daytona, but that was NASCAR, before it became so popular.

Lots of things I miss about Florida, but I'm not moving again!

You lucky devil you, you have all the fun

Lew W

• heathen
    heathen

That's too cool

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

When I lived in Seattle the super boats raced on Lake Washington. They do go fast! Think they also race on the Columbia River in tri-Cities. Quite the deal to see! You are so lucky Ven - you do get all the fun!!!

Mrs R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit