An Entire JW Family Loss

by JT 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Over on GreatCrowd.com the question was asked
    HOW MANY IN YOUR FAMILY ARE IN THE "TRUTH"

l this what one poster wrote- how sad and entire family HOODWINKED AND BAMBO0ZLED

how sad

James

###############################################################

OK, counting spouses and those who are asleep or have gone to special assignments, but leaving out those who no longer associate....
    4 grandparents,
    2 parents,
    2 great-uncles,
    3 great-aunts,
    4 uncles,
    10 aunts,
    11 first cousins,
    11 of my parents' cousins,
    19 other cousins

that makes 66, if I have not forgotten any.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

JT,

I am reading some of your "older" posts, since I'm still so new. There is much good information in your threads.

I am reading these statistics that you've posted here, and my heart is aching for this poor individual. We will have to be the family that this person has lost. That's the way I look at it. We can just make a new bigger and better family. Our blood relatives who are "lost" to the borg cannot and will not be forgotten, but we CAN accept others into our life and fill those empty voids.

To me this is a healthy approach to the whole situation. It's showing and accepting LOVE.

Love and Light,

Sentinel

• waiting
    waiting

Hey JT,

I married my husband, moving down South. He's from a medium-sized city, where almost ALL his family have been in the WT for at least 4 generations & on both sides of family - most marrying jw's through the generations - or bringing the husbands in after marriage. Interestingly enough, no one of that family has been df'd or da'd until our children's generation.

*Back then* it was actually called "The M.............. Religion" as most of the jw's that came knocking were of his family somehow. I thought he was pullin' my leg when he told me this - but then I was out knocking on doors on Saturday and this old man asked me "Are you from that M............... Religion?" My mouth just kinda dropped open. We were famous, or infamous, whatever the take on the matter.

waiting

And it's true, some people who aren't successful at slinking away quietly - loose A LOT of family.

Edited by - waiting on 13 October 2002 16:59:38

• seedy3
    seedy3

Let's see,

grandmother (dads side)
    Great Grandmother (moms side, but I don't think she was really ever dunked)
    Mother
    Father
    (all of the above have moved on to another realm)
    Uncle
    My cousins were, but I dunno now as I have not heard from them in decades.
    1 sister
    oldest son
    4 of my sisters daughters (she has 5 one got smart)

I guess that's about all that is left in the Troof from my family

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit