Poor Greg

by RR 8 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

You guys ever hear of Touchstone forum? It's another one of those JW message boards.

But they've been beating up on Greg Stafford pretty good.

http://www.touchstoneforum.org/~dchoi/dcforum/DCForumID1/680.html

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Visiting that discussion is an excersize in frustration. It's like banging your head against the wall, only not as much fun.

• RR
    RR

Yeah, I tried to joined, but the moderator WRENCH, would not allow me on because as he said it, I'm "apostate."

Later, an online friend signed on, got in, found it frustrating and gave me his account, so I began posting, and they all caught a fit when they found out it was me. Needless to say, I'm no longer on the forum.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I love the comment about "the rights of my dear sister in Calgary"

Your dear sister in Calgary had the 'right' in Canada to accept the treatment of her choice with out her loving brothers and sisters threatening her with shunning and expulsion if she DID accept blood.

Your dear sister had the RIGHT in Canada to spend the last few months of her life with her father who loved her so that he sacrificed EVERYTHING for her, without the threat of expulsion and shunning if she DID accept it on her own.

But Watchtower doesn't care about the legal rights of any among their group except rapists and molesters, and making money.

• musky
    musky

Hello RR and Dungbeetle! Thats all. musky

• Makena1
    Makena1

RR - interesting and frustrating discussion.

I particularly liked Crosby's post in part:

"This is what I got out of Stafford's book. He obviously feels that the JW core doctrines are sound and in fact has expended a considerable amount of time and energy in defending them in his previous book, Jehovah's Witnesses Defended: An Answer to Scholars and Critics

However he also apparently feels, looking back over the history of the JW organization that the enforcement of doctrinal "uniformity" especially on teachings that have changed a great deal in a relatively short amount of time may not have been a good idea in hindsight. He goes to great pains to explain the difference between "unity" and "uniformity." He shows that they not the same thing at all, that "uniformity" is just an empty parody of true unity. He seems to feel that "uniformity" is unhealthy in the long run, that it can ultimately cause an individual to lose their faith in God and the Bible entirely.

You may agree with that and you may not. I'm certainly in to position to argue either way, not being a JW. Whether he's right or wrong though, I would hope that it's not forbidden to publicly express such a concern in the JW community" end

or was that you RR? :)

Mak

• Andyman
    Andyman

Hey there RR.

What was really funny is that GC got mad at Dina and locked the thread up, then Wrench came along and unlocked it and is willing to discuss things with her. Bet old GC is madder than a hornet now! :D

Running man, your right, it is like banging ones head against the wall over there, but like they say, you can lead a JW to the "truth", but you can't make him listen!

Take care.

Andyman:

• FlyingHigh
  • RR
    RR

Makena, no that wasn't me. I logoned using Mitspeh's account, which he had abandoned and given to me.

I just noticed that one of their others members is a member of this forum and a few others. ANyone reading his postings will see that he is an opposing xjw.

Edited by - RR on 14 July 2002 11:22:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit