Panorama forum question

by home_and_dry 6 Replies latest jw friends

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

From the Panorama website:

"You can ask our panel about the organisation, its policies and how child abuse should be dealt with in a live forum on Monday 15 July at 14:00 BST, to be shown on this page and on Digital Satellite television."

Can anyone tell me which Digital Satellite Channel this is on? I've had a good look around but can't seem to find out.

• invisible
    invisible

Email the producers at Panorama, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you the precise source for your enquiry.

Take care

Mark

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

check the front page of my website you can find the links there. www.silentlambs.org

silentlambs

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

Thanks guys.

i will email them to try and find out as I have digital cable and not satellite so it may involve a trip round to the in-laws to catch it!

Hope it all goes well for you, Bill. We are all behind you!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Pretty sure it will be on 101.

Englishman.

• spider
    spider

I noticed information on the panorama site that I hadn't noticed before - maybe it wasn't there or maybe I just didn't notice. If you click the link on the top banner there are links on the right hand side - quite a lot of info which gives a good idea as to where the programme will be going.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Yeah, there's loads of stuff there now. I don't think it was there before.

If this is anything to go by, the WTS aren't going to come out of it looking very good:

When asked by Panorama about the number of suspected paedophiles on the database, Paul Gillies from the Jehovah's Witnesses Office of Public Information in the UK said: "It is not meaningful to focus on the number of names we have in our records".
    With regard to their policy on reporting abuse to the authorities, he referred us to the 8 October 1993 issue of Awake!, page 9, which states:
    "Some legal experts advise reporting the abuse to the authorities as soon as possible. In some lands the legal system may require this. But in other places the legal system may offer little hope of successful prosecution."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit