New 'Worship' Book - senseless re-h...

by eyeslice 9 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

There have been a few threads on the missing chapters in the new book, Worship the Only True God compared with the old United in Worship book (first published 1983). With the missing chapters you can draw your own conclusions as to why they have been omitted at least there isnt any ambiguity.

Other chapters of the book are almost identical to the old, with some bits being omitted, other being re-worded and others being copied word for word. So heres where the problems comes in.

In the old book, the chapter Keep Close in Mind Jehovahs Day started off with a discussion of the 1914 generation, quote; The Scriptures clearly show that the generation that saw the beginning of Christs presence would also see the great day of Jehovah in which he executes judgement against all who practice unrighteousness. That generation is now well along in years.

Reference to this generation is of course totally omitted from the new book, which replaces the old thoughts with, quote; The nearness of all that is emphasized by evidence that Christs invisible presence began in 1914 and since then we have been in the last days of this wicked world. No proof is offered in the book of why the statement can be made about Christ ruling from 1914 onwards.

This chapter gets worse though. In the old book subheading Separating of People first dealt with the parable of the wheat and the weeds and then with the separating of the sheep and the goats. The next subheading, What Lies Ahead? states Are there prophecies still to be fulfilled before the great and fear inspiring day of Jehovah begins? Yes! The separating of people over the Kingdom issue is not yet finished.

The new book mentions the wheat and the weeds but not the sheep and the goats. It talks about the other sheep but nothing about the separating of the sheep and the goats. However, the subheading What Lies Ahead? is almost identical. The same section in new book reads almost identical to the old; But are there prophecies yet to be fulfilled before that fear inspiring day begins? Yes. (note: exclamation mark omitted in new book) For one thing, the separating of people over the Kingdom issue is not yet finished.

Spot the problem. In the old book the separating of people was a reference to the previous section talking about the sheep and the goats. However, since 1983, the thought about when the separating of the sheep and goats takes place has changed.

The Watchtower 1995 10/15 indicated that the separating is yet in the future; quote

What Does It Mean for Us?

21 What, though, does this fresh understanding of the parable of the sheep and the goats mean to us? Well, people are already taking sides. Some are on 'the broad road leading off into destruction,' while others try to stay on 'the cramped road leading off into life.' (Matthew 7:13, 14) But the time when Jesus will pronounce final judgment on the sheep and the goats depicted in the parable is yet ahead.

In other words, the new light of 1995 says the final separating of the sheep and goats is yet future. But the new book still refers to a separating work that is going on now!

So to cut a long story short, the new book is a re-hash of the old, but unfortunately, whoever did the re-hashing didnt even bother to take the time to examine the context of the text they were re-hashing.

• blondie
    blondie

I thought the wheat and the weeds only applied to the anointed and that they have been separated already from the weeds of Christendom according to the WTS.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    So to cut a long story short, the new book is a re-hash of the old, but unfortunately, whoever did the re-hashing didnt even bother to take the time to examine the context of the text they were re-hashing

Must be the same guy that doesn't examine the context of the scriptures he uses to 'prove' his interpretations of those scriptures.. Oh, nevermind, that would be the entire GB..

So, no new light in the book, just an omission of everything that is no longer considered 'light'?.. Very interesting, you'd think between 1983 and now they would have received at least one new 'morsel' of food from god.. I guess all god is doing is taking away from them.. Not even one NEW doctrine.. Just a retirement of old doctrines?

So much for the light getting brighter, more like, we are just gonna back off of the light, because the light is getting darker!!!

Edited by - itsjustlittleoldme on 10 July 2002 17:29:34

• Kep
    Kep

WHAAAA....

I've been out since early 1995, the sheep and goats is future ??

Far out, what else has changed ??

I am so glad I'm stuck in the thick of a BS org that blinds so many with their light.

Kep

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    What Lies Ahead?

LOL

Expatbrit

• waiting
    waiting

My old m-i-l brought us over the two new books (as she had avidly already read both of them in a single day) and said that if we'd "just read them, it'll answer all our doubts."

Well, we flipped through them............and they were both just like the WT studies of lately.....just a bunch of "do good" stuff without any arguments, doctrine, prophecy, etc. One book said that Jesus' kingdom started in 1914. Period. No explanation, no scriptural support, no nothing. Then the book went right on to build a foundation off that little statement that "the End was coming soon."

I was totally unimpressed, but there's not much to argue about with it - there's not much to even talk about with the new books.

Interestingly enough, I think the m-i-l's comments about us reading them is getting universal with the jw's. She can't answer our "doubts" - but knows what they are - so she just pawns us over to the books.....always the books.

waiting

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Thanks Eyeslice,

I know there are many JWs who have started to realize and see for themselves the cracking of the Org. Hopefully this release will continue to show them that there is something rotten in Brooklyn.

The tree has dried up. They have been lacking the ability to write for too long. Repeated studying of the same publications at the book study in the late 90's, inability to write a half-decent book on prophecy; they have become box-top writers nothing more.

IW

• Stealth
    Stealth

So much for the light getting brighter, more like, we are just gonna back off of the light, because the light is getting darker!!!

I think the light burned out when Freddy Franz died.

-S

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Well, that should address your doubts. Specifically, any doubts that the Watchtower is a crock.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

*turns up his Manfred Mans Earth Band album*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit