Nothing Georgina does surprises me any more.

by nicolaou 2 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Imagine being this poor girl's mum or dad

Anorexic wins ban on parents seeing her

By Ray Clancy

AN anorexic woman who weighs only four stone won a court order yesterday, permanently banning her parents from seeing her. A lawyer for Georgina Robertson, 22, told Edinburgh Court of Session that her parents were haranguing her about her religious beliefs and interfering with her affairs. They claim she is starving herself to death.

Granting the permanent interdict to Miss Robertson, who is in hospital, Lord Johnston said it was for her own good and it would not be possible for her parents to come back to court later and have the interdict lifted.

"Georgina has been under considerable stress and any further stress could have potentially tragic consequences," he said.

"Under the circumstances, I am satisfied that what is being asked for is sensible and, indeed, in the interests of all three parties."

The court heard that the legal move was the end of a seven-month battle between Miss Robertson and her parents, James and Maria Robertson, of Old Meldrum, Grampian.

Last November, Mr and Mrs Robertson were granted an order by Lord Abernethy in the same court giving them the power to instruct doctors to treat their daughter. She was being drip fed, had tried to commit suicide six times and was determined to starve herself to death, they claimed.

The couple also told the court they were concerned that she had become involved with the Jehovah's Witnesses and was being overly influenced by them.

But yesterday Robert McCreadie, advocate for Miss Robertson, said she felt her parents were trying to control her life. She did not want them to visit her in hospital or interfere with her affairs.

"This is a woman who has expressed her own views as to how she wants to live," said Mr McCreadie.

Mr and Mrs Robertson did not oppose the order.

Paul Arthurson, advocate for the couple, said: "They feel they have taken the matter as far as they can legally.

"They have really reached the end of their tether and feel they cannot do any more."

Last night at Old Meldrum, Mrs Robertson said she was devastated by the interdict but both she and her husband would not break it.

"I am broken-hearted, but I am not surprised. Nothing Georgina does surprises me any more."

Mrs Robertson said: "If she ever wanted us or needed our help or support in any way, we are here for her. But the interdict would have to be lifted or I could find myself in contempt of court."

The last time the couple saw their daughter was in November, in hospital.

"I do not know how she is, whether she has put on weight, lost weight or anything," said Mrs Robertson.

http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    I just noticed, I'm not a Newbie anymore!!

(do I win a prize?)

Actually, Nic, those who attain the status of Junior Member are required to lavish gifts upon the Jedi posters (Frenchy, Waiting, and myself).

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

HEY HEY!

I just noticed, I'm not a Newbie anymore!!

(do I win a prize?)

nic'

http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit