my wifes cooking

by musky 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• musky
    musky

My family went to a picnic at her place of work. Everyone was supposed to bring a dish to pass. After we were going home I said that I didn't care for the baked beans much. I said I like yours better . Guess what. She made the beans! She said " your in big trouble". Whats even worse? I carried the kettle of beans to the picnic! I will be hanging my head low for a while. musky

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Musky,

Humor me here. I haven't been around JWs socially, due to shunning, since I was a kid. This just struck me. Is the phrase "dish to pass" used instead of that pagan term Pot"LUCK"??

Andee

Oh, by the way, can you walk yet??

• musky
    musky

Andee, I did not realize that " dish to pass" was exclusive only to JW's. I believe that I heard that term before with non witness gatherings.

Yes , I can walk. My whole day has been like this though. I know what a day in the life of Homer Simpson is now. Doh.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Musky,

LOL!!! When I asked about if you could walk, I meant the MAJOR faux pas you made with the Baked Beans and the "your in big trouble" comment made by your wife. To me, considering the offense, breaking kneecaps came to mind. Dontcha just ENVY my spouse!?

I have never heard of the term "dish to pass" until I came to this board. So, yes, I thought because of the JW aversion to the word "luck" perhaps they coined a new term for Potluck (which when one is invited, the assumption is made that bringing a dish is required). Anyway, I have learned something new

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit