Do JWs Really Listen To The Elders And The Governing Body?

by minimus 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

I think most do not. There are a few hardcore believers that will do whatever they are told to do but I think a majority do whatever they decide to do. They are not coerced into anything. They publicly work along with the program but in reality, do whatever they want to do.

i think the leaders have their hands full.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Listen? No. Most just want to be pointed without having to think for themselves.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

They listen as far as they want to listen. Some are total loyal drones, like those bozos that shun their family.

That's why the paedophile protecting men have been ramping up the control...........idiots!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Many don't listen, but, that doesn't stop them from judging others for not listening.

JWs are trained hypocrites.

• 1tMakesNoSence
    1tMakesNoSence
    Of course not. No one can reach That standard of robotic perfection. Never have I found one who does.

They don't listen to them, they only defend them.

it just makes no sense
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s witnesses are trained to cherry pick what they are to believe and what they are to reject. .Mainly at the direction of the G.B.

And the simple fact is they apply that to whatever the Governing Body tells them too..

Except when it goes against what they really want to do.

Which is not something the Governing Body intended .

So they do what they want to do in spite of what the direction from the Elders are .

All of this can take place providing no doctrines / moral principles apply that breach those principles .

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    It's more like they're afraid to get caught disobeying the Elders and GB.
  • minimus
    minimus
    I agree that they avoid having to be counseled and watched over. They keep quiet and do whatever they like. They lead double lives and look righteous .
  • Lynnie
    Lynnie

Yes I know of several JW's here in Seattle that really do whatever they want, get tattoos, go on vacations with other JW couples when they are supposed to be at conventions, hang out with worldly family members, attend all sorts of music venues and never get harassed by the elders. One of them is an elder's daughter so we know those kids have a free pass but otherwise it's just amazing to me how much they all seem to engage in worldly activities with no consequences!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think many now practice this religion and all it's rules "a la carte".

If you don't like it, ignore it. Just don't get caught.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit