Europe here they come..........

by Europe 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Europe
    Europe
    Suffer The Little Children

Watch the programme on Sunday 14 July at 22:15 BST, on BBC One or from this page.

With the Catholic Church still reeling from revelations that it kept child abuse quiet, Panorama investigates a world-wide religion that stands accused of shielding abusers: the Jehovah's Witnesses.

The programme tells the harrowing stories of children put at risk by the Watchtower Society's bible-based policies and unearths evidence of a database of members suspected of child abuse - many of whom have never been reported to the police.

The organisation claims to monitor the men accused of raping and molesting children but now faces allegations that it covers up crime and pressurises victims not to go to the police.

Panorama takes its evidence to the heart of the organisation and reveals the damage caused by the silent witnesses.

Production Team:

Reporter: Betsan Powys
    Producer: Murdoch Rodgers
    Assistant Producer: Shabnam Grewal
    Editor: Mike Robinson

Panorama logo
    Panorama home
    Latest programme
    Your comments
    Live forums
    Programme archive
    About Panorama
    Meet the reporters
    Press reviews
    Awards
    Programme updates
    Contact us
    FAQs
  • avengers
    avengers

!! COOL !!

• SYN
    SYN

Formatting fewked...

But what great news!

• ISP
    ISP

Nice!!!!!!

ISP

• ISP
    ISP

What the heck with the formatting!!!!???

ISP

• Xandria
    Xandria

I would love to watch how they present that. I think it will be interesting to see the out come of that show.

Xandria

• Xandria
    Xandria

SIIIIIMMMMONNNN the board has been demonized! HELP HELP! Evilllll spirit be GONE. Just JOKING.

Really the format is messed up.

Xandria

• Europe
    Europe

I have just send this BBC article to the newspaper "Le Soir" in France!!!!!!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I have seen a message on another board to the effect that a letter has been sent to all presiding overseers in Britain to read out at today's meeting. The WT study will be shortenened to allow 25 minutes for this. The general content is that Satan in manipulating the media, apostates are behind the programme, and that the facts are being twisted.

If it is the case that the WT is being misrepresented by this program, I look forward to hearing that they have taken their case to the Broadcasting Standards Commision, which deals with matters of taste and decency and accuracy in broadcasting. The WTBTS could also sue the BBC for libel. Somehow, I don't think that that will happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit