To Silentlambs and Ranchette...

by Dino 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Many thanks for your hospitality!

********************************************************************************************************************************************

I had to go on an emergency business road trip to Chicago to pick up some equipment this past weekend. That drive is a killer from Big D!

Before I departed, I had the brilliant thought to swing down through Kentucky to catch up with an old friend. I called Bill and he said, "Come on!"

I arrived exhausted and yet exhilarated at the prospect of seeing Bill H. and meeting Sheila. We reminisced over old war stories and shared experiences till 3am. It was wonderful meeting Ranchette and the kids. I saw the hall where the candlelight vigil took place. Speaking of candles, I also got the grand tour of the candle factory. But perhaps the most fascinating thing to me was the little upstairs office where Bill has worked so hard to effect changes in WT policy to protect the children. Out of that little office, a multi-billion dollar, trans-national printing organization has been faced down. Out of that nerve center, so many abuse victims have been helped. I hope this doesnt sound syrupy folks, but its the truth.

While i was there the phone rang constantly. I took these opportunities to talk with Ranchette and was immediately impressed by her self-sacrificing spirit. She said she was used to it being an elder's wife all those years! She is so warm and kind, and btw, thanks for the fajitas!

The WT loves to brag about their worldwide brotherhood, but they dont have anythng over us apostates!

Thanks again guys. Till next time.

Dino

• Simon
    Simon

I can imagine how busy Bill is behind the scenes. For everything that we all get to see and hear about there are probably hundreds of things that we don't which take them both time, effort and money.

I had the pleasure of speaking to Bill and his wife on the phone a couple of months ago and they were very nice and easy to talk to (I'm not very good at conversation stuff normally).

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Wait, I think I missed something. Is Silentlambs Mr Ranchette?

• Dino
    Dino

Hey Hmmm.

He is indeed.

She came out of the closet a few months back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit