Irony of Drama and "Deception" Warnings

by Had Enough 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

I just want to post a couple of observations I made at this past weekend's DC.

Someone else posted that they were embarrassed for the "actors" because of the lame script. I have to agree. This has got to be the worst drama I have ever seen. It was totally unmoving and uninteresting to say the least.

The drama, as you all know by now, was on Jeremiah being chosen by God to be a prophet and when he told the religious leaders and the rank and file people, about their errors in their teachings and their ways of worship, they wouldn't listen to him, they scoffed at him, they called him names, they called him a liar. Jeremiah was persecuted and shunned by his own friends and fellow Israelites.

Does anyone else see the irony of this drama at this time especially?

I couldn't help but turn it around and see us in this "drama" as we try to expose the WTS's hypocrisies, their errors and their lies....and we are "not listened to, are scoffed at, called names, called liars, and many are shunned by friends and family when we try to warn them and expose to them that God couldn't possibly be blessing them and listening to their prayers.

Interestingy in the drama, Jeremiah, when criticized for speaking out against the religious leaders and the people, asked them: "Why would I want to be a prophet and speak out against the people? Why would I speak against God's arrangement wrongly?"

Indeed, I've asked these same questions about all who are speaking boldly out against the WTS, exposing the wrongs. "Why would any of us want to do this and willingly cause such pain and hardship for our families being forced to shun us because of "speaking out". What possibly is there for us to gain by doing this? Riches? Glory? Praise? Happy families?....Nothing...in fact just the opposite is the result..except for the satisfaction that more people are being helped to be de-programmed and the silentlambs are finally getting some long-overdue justice.

Also:

Friday's talk on "Guard Against Deception": Again look at these ironic statements made by the speaker:

"Apostates resort to half-truths, cleverly phrase things to cause deception and give a false and misleading impression". (does the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" sound familiar?)

And then came the expected reference to Dateline, without really mentioning the actual name and content of the program. They gave the experience of a brother whose co-worker said to him: "Your religion is no different that all other religions". The brother asked "Why do you say that?" The co-worker answered: "Because of the program I saw on tv last night showed that yours is the same."

The speaker then warned us all to be on our guard for the deceptive methods of the devil to discourage us. He is using the media and showing programs filled with apostate lies to attack the resolve and loyalty of God's people.

And also the inevitable "keep silent and wait on Jehovah to fix the wrongs...don't run ahead of God's purposes with a complaining spirit". No of course not. We'll just continue to be quiet about all the wrongs and errors that are costing people to lose their families and their lives and continue to keep the abused lambs silent so that God's name won't be tarnished.

PEOPLE!!! LURKING JWS!!! Just because your congregation has handled a case of pedophilia correctly by informing the authorities, that does not excuse and exonnerate the WTS for all the thousands of cases that have been mishandled, the pedophile allowed to be free, and the victim silenced. God's name and the JW religion are already tarnished by the lack of love and compassion shown by the WTS....that faithful and discreet slave supposedly assigned to be looking after the sheep.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world . Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ...Margaret Mead

(Edited for grammar and formatting corrections)

Edited by - Had Enough on 8 July 2002 14:21:22

Edited by - Had Enough on 8 July 2002 22:24:53

• Mum
    Mum

If only it were true that the JW religion is like all of the others. Members of other religions still accept and love family members who have chosen to go to a different church. Members of other religions can report pedophilia and other crimes to the police. JW's have a lot to learn about doing the right thing from other churches.

• Lollylou
    Lollylou

We would all be normal if being a JW was like all the other religions. Is is not the same it is worse. No other religion throws people out of the church for exposing wrongdoing within the church. There is certainly not much good to say about the Catholic church and the horrible anguish they have caused, however, they are not now heaping insult to injury by throwing the innocents out.

• ISP
    ISP

Nice one 'Had Enough'.......!!!

That drama is ironic! You are right though.......why wouldn't we want it to be true?

ISP

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

good thread

BTTT

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's always a treat to 'hear' a new thread from Had Enough. Wise words indeed. IMO words from Had Enough are always worthy of attention, and especially by our younger posting fraternity.

Had Enough: It's an interesting angle isn't it, to compare the modern-day 'prophets' (so-called apostates) with Jeremiah?

So glad to see you posting. I'm sure that attending the weekend's D.C. must have had its own pressures, so we're glad you made it!

Mrs Ozzie says to say Hi! We're thinking of you.

Cheers, Ozzie

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((HadEnough)))

I echo Ozzie's thoughts; always nice to read your well thought out posts. Thanks for the inside track on the DC. It's been years since I've been to one (that's a good thing!), I'm just sorry that you had to be subjected to the lame rhetoric. From what you shared, it doesn't sound like anything much has changed. They're still spouting the same old tired lines that I've heard all my life. Difference is, now I can see them for what they are.

You raise a very good point: WHY would we want to mindlessly attack the WTS? I've certainly gained a lot from leaving (freedom, obviously) but I, like so many others here, have also lost a great deal. But then, reasoning logically on issues isn't exactly a thing that is encouraged for the R&F.

Thanks again,

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit