WIlliams Sisters Wimbleton final!

by Rihannsu 4 Replies latest social current

• Rihannsu
    Rihannsu

Another amazing double standard by the Society, The William sisters (Serena, Venus) are allowed to take part in competitive sports while we are told to NOT do so, and are encouraged not to take part in school activities soccer, football, tennis etc...

Its very funny here we are seing Venus waiving the American flag during the Olympics and we are told NOT to be nationalistic and not to cheer for a nation over another nation.

The society is double faced and I will be sending a letter to them in the near future about this issues above, I am an active witness (barely) still although im ashamed to be one.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Rihannsu,

I guess it's been posted already but Serena thanked her God Jehovah for the great win (not to mention the prize money, and the additional endorsement contracts). Perhaps she and Venus can become the new model JWs...ones who balance a life of acheivement and hard work with minimal legalistic rules and little "holier than thou" attitudes, sporadic meeting attendance, no door to door magazine selling and plenty of post tournament parties. I hope they continue to proclaim their God and wave their country's banner (tribal division). Young JW kids might try to emulate them.

Thirdson

• Bosho
    Bosho

I have to wonder if Jehovah thinks she's a witness of him.

You could tell someone that you were green with blue stripes and really believe it. But it doesn't make it true!

• amac
    amac

The Society does not control the Williams sisters, so it is not a double standard.

• gumby
    gumby

Another amazing double standard by the Society, The William sisters (Serena, Venus) are allowed to take part in competitive sports while we are told to NOT do so, and are encouraged not to take part in school activities soccer, football, tennis etc...

Actually it's not a double standard as there is no indication the society honors their tennis playing. The society has not taken action against those who engage in school sports other than witholding privledges. Butt!!!!!!!!!

It is a double standard to not take action against a witness holding the american flag on national TV.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit