Disfellowshipping Image

by naazira 150 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Muddy Waters - I think I need something to smoke so I can examine this picture with a better "perspective" thanks for the suggestion. Anything for the cause!

• millie210
    millie210

Sir 82- good catch. Wasnt there a song about "The Devil With a Blue Dress On"?

Xan - Way to go, girl!

So if we go with the picture searching some more, what if the guy talking to the couple and the old man who is standing to the left of the picture but mid screen (looks like he is addressing someone seated) are elders. Could this be to show how "loving they are" in overseeing the sheep after meetings? Yes, they may have to disfellowship but they are ever so kind if you just stay in line?

• millie210
    millie210

Martin is there any record of anyone getting stoned to death other than in the Bible?

Even in the Bible it really isnt mentioned that often.

If that was to them whatt DFing is to JWs today (which is what we are told) then stoning must have been very common - as is disfellowshipping.

So where are the accounts of that being the case?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Wow OC, I never noticed the demon face until you pointed it out, but it's definitely there.
  • Splash
    Splash

The image on page 1 is cropped from a larger image.

All I've been able to find is this version which has been overlaid.

• jwleaks
  • millie210
    millie210

Thats incredible that you found that splash.

great close up shot jwleaks

thank you both!

• millie210
    millie210

I apologize for typing Martin above when I meant Marvin Shilmer in this post:

millie210 Martin is there any record of anyone getting stoned to death other than in the Bible?
    Even in the Bible it really isnt mentioned that often.
    If that was to them whatt DFing is to JWs today (which is what we are told) then stoning must have been very common - as is disfellowshipping.
    So where are the accounts of that being the case?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Pioneering requires long hours. Sisters tend to wear long skirts as they are easier to climb in and out of vans and cars. You also dont have to wear leg wear (stockings or hose) or have nice legs to wear a long skirt. Heck, you dont even have to shave your legs if you are not of a mind to. Who will know? So this quickly became a standard of dress for housewives in the 30 and 40 yr old range. They were homeschooling the future Bethelites, and C.O.s and pioneering while they did it!

I Remember back on the day (90's) Long skirts were very fashionable. You would think that would make the elders happy, but no. Because it was hot in the summer (inland California) with at least thirty days a year of temps over 100 degrees ( Fahrenheit. For you Brits, in Celsius it would be f'ing hot). Most women gladly shed their pantyhose, and why not, no one could see your legs. The elders dictated that going bare legged was not appropriate for meetings or service. Also, denim skirts and dresses were not appropriate either. I seriously considered this counsel and decided to give up.... field service.

When long skirts went out of style I gladly gave the up, frankly they were not all that flattering, especially my short curvy figure, but I never went back to pantyhose.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Haha, LisaRose, I'm such an old lady-- when I first saw some sisters going without panty hose / nylons, it was shocking. No lady went out in public with bare legs! Maybe with shorts, but with a dress??!!?? And then when I saw some elder's wives wearing dresses and bare legs, well. That was very daring indeed. I would never have thought it appropriate. A shame I wasn't stumbled out of the truth then, would have saved me a couple of decades, or gave me a couple decades of my life back!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit