McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

I like the fact that so many professionals stated the fact that POLICE receive training to be professional regardless of how bad the situation gets. This officer was not able to control himself so he was in error.

Professionals and his colleagues agree. So being mad at the criminals serves no purpose. They were idiots. The officers job was to be professional. He wasn't. Now he is gone.

• Simon
    Simon

It's easy to take a 20 second clip and decide "the cop was wrong, he should go" but the worse that happened was that he went a little too far but in a very difficult situation.

The reason he drew his gun, as is clear from the links posted, is because people were making threats and pretending to draw weapons.

Where is the video of the 20 minutes of aggressive behavior by the mob? I guess that doesn't count and doesn't matter if you are willfully blind and biased.

Cops are quitting because they don't want to deal with that shit. Not because of guilt. They are pressured to resign because they are not getting the support from their leaders that they should who are simply appeasing the crowds who inevitably march with the discredited chants of "hands up don't shoot" and "black lives matter"

WHO ARE THE CRIMINALS WHO WERE DOING WRONG?

It wasn't the police - you only think it's "fair" that he quit because he's a) a cop and b) white

"we want our way or else we'll riot" - is that the new civil rights effort? If so people shouldn't be surprised if there is a lack of sympathy, evaporating support and increasing demands for tougher policing in areas that end up suffering where the idiots in charge let criminals get their way.

Of course some people don't want the police to challenge them. They're called criminals!

Don't want to be treated badly by the police?

STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE !
    - Liar, Liar

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

I didn't decide he was wrong. His boss did.

A medley of trained professionals did as well.

We can try to explain why what he did was justified but trained professionals that had to make a decision said what he did was well below standards. The police chief said after an internal investigation these are the findings. Do you no longer agree with internal investigations or only when they go against what you want them to be?

What does white or black have to do with this SIMON? You are interjecting race in this thread and you are the race baiter here. Nearly everyone has said from the beginning this has nothing to do with race but the fact that this officer went overboard.

The final 5 sentences of your post show your true colors. That is repulsive.

I will leave this alone because you look like you are about to go on one of your epic angry old white man rants.

Thanks, and bye

• Simon
    Simon
    The final 5 sentences of your post show your true colors. That is repulsive.
    I will leave this alone because you look like you are about to go on one of your epic angry old white man rants.
    Thanks, and bye

I find when people attack the person rather than try to address the points they make, it's typically because they don't have an answer to them.

What does white or black have to do with this SIMON? You are interjecting race in this thread and you are the race baiter here. Nearly everyone has said from the beginning this has nothing to do with race but the fact that this officer went overboard.

No, the people who made this about race are all the people who've been on TV making it about race instead of what it is - criminal and anti-social behavior. What some seem to want is a complete "get out of jail free card" where you become untouchable by the police if you happen to be of a certain color.

The idea is to use threats of "racist" as a way to silence anyone who speaks up against it.

• Simon
    Simon

It seems some people see things so simplistically, they can't grasp nuances or accept that there were multiple things going on all at once. They think because the cop drew his gun that it could only be related to the girl he was dealing with and that the only things that ever happen occur in the view field of a camera.

There was a lot more going on. He clearly drew his weapon because of the idiot dancing around pretending to draw a gun and shoot. Maybe he pushed the girl down to protect her from the potential shots? Who cares - the fact is that is the sort of idiotic behavior the cops have to deal with. Multiple people all doing different things at the same time, many of them dumb beyond belief and / or a threat to the officer and others.

The cop did a good job. Dumb people and leaders without a backbone cost him his job and the community some protection.

These aren't the corrupt cops you're looking for. The system is getting twisted and completely out of whack and it's setting dangerous precedents.

Look at Baltimore for a picture of a future where the police are afraid of the consequences of tackling criminals and instead forced to treat them with cotton gloves.

I think anyone who wants to criticize the police should have to spend a week patrolling a bad neighborhood with them first or let a mob of people invade their property and be willing to cheer them on.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Cops are quitting because they don't want to deal with that shit.

Could not have said it better myself. I hope we don't get to a point where the question becomes "Who you gonna call"?

WHO ARE THE CRIMINALS WHO WERE DOING WRONG?

Nobody wants to talk about this, which is part of what makes policing very difficult in today's environment.

Don't want to be treated badly by the police?
    STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE !

That's the best piece of advice for avoiding treatment you'd rather not be exposed to. The non-criminal law-abiding citizen has to remember that our law enforcement personnel are human beings who spend each shift on 100 percent alert for their personal safety (and everyone else's too!). Every day they are faced with criminals that would just as soon spit on them, and many do just that.

Here's another piece of advice for law-abiding citizens: Want to be treated friendly by a police officer? Then reach out to them and make friends. Otherwise it's strictly business, and you'll be subject to being treated like a live machine that needs to be locked-out before a perceived fault is remedied.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    What I saw was a little man a little police man over reacting to a bunch of kids. Proof is this little girl was already on the ground and he proceeds to throw her up and back onto the ground to try to get her on her back so he could handcuff her. Little crying girl in a bikini, such a threat she needed hand cuffs. I'm surprised he didn't just pull up in his police car and start shooting, that's what cops do these days isn't it.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    What I saw was a little man a little police man over reacting to a bunch of kids.

What I saw was a bunch of teenagers who showed no respect for authorities asking them to disperse. Those teenagers expected police officers to react the same way their parents react to disrespectful behavior and just do nothing. That doesn't keep police officers safe to go home to their families, and when agitated crowds are not dispersed bad things happen like people getting seriously injured and killed.

Another thing I saw was that no one was seriously injured the result of the situation or police work.

Edited to add: I also saw some teenagers who respectfully complied with requests made by officers. My hat's off to their parents who taught them to act this way.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just because a bunch of teens are being disrespectful doesn't mean the cops should start pulling guns. A few months ago police pulled up in a car seeing a young boy with a gun, they shot him within a few seconds of pulling up and were still in their car. He was a little boy playing with a gun. But I guess you'll make an excuse for the cops in this case too like so many have that since he was in a public place and the red cap was pulled off the gun so that it looked real it was ok. Just like if this cop which pulled his gun and shot the teenager that ran up close to him. Someone out there would say it was ok for the cop to shoot him because he ran up to the cop.

What I have to say is police are supposed to be better, better trained better prepared to deal with these situations but instead in America its increasingly shoot to kill and evade questions and since were the law we can do as we please. Oh and if you didn't know cops use hollow point bullets so their chances of killing someone with one shot is greatly increased. They don't care about justice and a guy getting his day in court nope they want the perps dead, a dead person cant testify in court.

• Simon
    Simon
    Just because a bunch of teens are being disrespectful doesn't mean the cops should start pulling guns.

There you go again - confusing things and stating a false premise. It's clear why the cop pulled his gun - because of the jerk pretending to draw a weapon. As soon as he ran off he holstered his weapon. If the guy had actually drawn a gun and started shooting the same people criticizing the cop for drawing it would be angry if he hadn't.

You need to be clear what you are criticizing and why and whether the alternative you are arguing for would be better or worse.

A few months ago police pulled up in a car seeing a young boy with a gun, they shot him within a few seconds of pulling up and were still in their car. He was a little boy playing with a gun.

He was a kid pointing a weapon at others that has been modified to remove the "I'm a toy" marker. His parents are to blame.

But I guess you'll make an excuse for the cops in this case too like so many have that since he was in a public place and the red cap was pulled off the gun so that it looked real it was ok.

Yes, if people do stupid thing expect mistakes to be made.

Just like if this cop which pulled his gun and shot the teenager that ran up close to him. Someone out there would say it was ok for the cop to shoot him because he ran up to the cop.

Yes, again, do stupid things and you should expect a bad outcome for yourself. You are looking at the tiny number of mistaken cases and ignoring the majority of situations where the police deal with people doing things like this which are a threat to themselves and others.

What I have to say is police are supposed to be better, better trained better prepared to deal with these situations but instead in America its increasingly shoot to kill and evade questions and since were the law we can do as we please. Oh and if you didn't know cops use hollow point bullets so their chances of killing someone with one shot is greatly increased. They don't care about justice and a guy getting his day in court nope they want the perps dead, a dead person cant testify in court.

If you shoot at someone you should be trying to kill them with as few shots as possible.

If you live in a country with free access to firearms you should be taught how to act around those charged with keeping law and order so as not to be mistaken for an idiot who is a threat.

That includes not charging at policemen, not pointing fake weapons at people and not punching policemen and trying to grab their weapons.

If you do these then fall back to blaming the police, claiming they drive round looking for unarmed kids to shoot and throw in a few "black lives matter" and "hands up don't shoot" chants and claims that all the police are racist.

Anything to distract from the fact that the person was an idiot and the average IQ of the planet goes up as a result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit