McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Amazing that even the person who committed the foolish act realizes his stupidity. His fellow men in blue and his superiors. I am sure many will spin this off as he did it because of pressure but it is obvious he did so many things wrong. Just because you admit a white police officer did something extremely unprofessional to someone does not mean you are admitting to being on the side of a racial divide

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Yes. So what? Do you like the outcome of the officer acting unprofessional and damaging the relationship for all officers in the town?

That's an assertion; not a fact.

We must take care not to transpose social ills onto an incident that is not contributing to those ills. Someone called for police because public safety was perceived to be in jeopardy. The police are to protect public safety. Guess what? This incident ended safely for everyone, including officers who wanted to finish their shift and be alive to hug their spouses and children when they got home. Oh, guess what else? We don't have any parents sobbing because their child lost their life.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Well Marvin it appears that the police chief agrees that everything the Napoleon did was unprofessional. So maybe you should take this up with him.

""Our policies, our training, our practice, do not support his actions," Police Chief Greg Conley said. "He came into the call out of control, and as the video shows, was out of control during the incident.""

Seems like the police chief who is an actual officer agrees with me. Sorry Bro.....

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    The officer has since quit.

No surprise there.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Seems like the police chief who is an actual officer agrees with me...

I'm glad for you. Hope it makes you feel better.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

You sound kinda sour. Your response is that of someone that is angry things didn't go your way.

You should now be upset with the police chief. I don't feel better. He will probably go home with his Napoleonic and beat his wife. I am however happy that the tyrant is no longer an officer of the law. He must be a man of no character if he feels he was right and steps away anyway. If he believes really was in the wrong then good for him.

You specifically said,"I'll wait to hear a more comprehensive report based on multiple perspectives to the whole incident."

Now you have that. Your perspective will not change. The young man who filmed it who is white said he thought it was racially motivated. The older black resident said it wasn't. Race is off the table. The officer acted inappropriately and against the training guidelines. He is done. Let us hope his wife or his dog will not be his next target...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    You sound kinda sour.

No sourness here. I have no dog in this issue except my own observations, which have not changed. I'm glad no one was injured in the incident. The officer in this instance was going to have to resign. City officials say what they need to say to keep the greater peace, which is what the said officer did outside the pool area, and he kept the peace too.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    You specifically said,"I'll wait to hear a more comprehensive report based on multiple perspectives to the whole incident."
    Now you have that.

No. We don't have a more comprehensive report. Read your own sources. The thing remains under investigation. We'll see what comes to light.

Your perspective will not change.

That's silly. My perspectives have been known to change based on evidence. Otherwise why would I post here and talk about Watchtower's silly, damning and downright dangerous doctrines and policies like I do?

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Ok Bro... sounds legit

• Spectre
    Spectre

While I'm glad that no one got hurt, I am glad it happened and that it was caught on camera.

That was one awesome barrel roll! He went the full Blart with that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit