McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Another thing I notice about this episode is that the incident ended without anyone being seriously injured. It could well be the case that efforts used to disperse the crowd made the difference between a worse outcome. I don't hear anyone talking about this either. Police were called to in incident with a large gathering and tempers flaring. It ended pretty well insofar as I can tell.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    • As he runs up and falls and gets embarrassed he then begins yelling profanities at the people he serves. It's funny the other officers were professionals. The people are only complaining about the one runt officer ego saw themed to be extra.

I didn't see a video of a officer getting embarrassed by falling and responding with an ego. I saw a peace officer who fell while running and then got up and continued on. Then I saw him return, collect his wits, do more crowd dispersal, call in on his radio, then go back to more crowd dispersal. Then the bikini gal starts up with the mouth, which is not good for crowd dispersal. He caller her on it. She didn't leave when she was asked to go. When she was asked to stop mouthing she didn't do that either. When she was instructed to get on the ground she didn't do that either. The "runt" you're talking about was acting to disperse the crowd. For all I know he was the ranking officer on the scene, which would explain why we saw his initiative. I don't know about his rank on the scene, but I know he was dispersing that crowd and that's precisely what needed to happen.

I find your comments about this officer needlessly demeaning. Talk about what he did if you need to. But to impute motive based on his size is stupid. You have no idea what was going on on inside this man's head, or why.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

My 2 cents:

police officers are public servants. They represent & enforce the law of the city, county or state in which they serve.

Aside from the gun & physical altercation, I find it highly inappropriate for any public servant to use profanity while executing their duties. Trust me, I'm not a prude. I love a foul mouth when the setting is appropriate. However, think about what would happen to you at your workplace if you spoke to a colleague or customer with that language--or even had a potty mouth in everyday conversation. You'd be hauled into HR and warned. Most workplaces have polices against obscene or profane subject matter (hence the NSFW warnings on forum discussion). this officer was AT WORK. He used filthy and descriptive profanity to MINORS. What would happen to any of us if we just unleashed profanity on minors we didn't know in a public place?

more notably, what would happen to any of US if we used that kind of language on an officer who pulled us over? Try saying "f*ck" or "goddamn" or "ass" to an officer and see what happens. Some states (like IL) even have finable laws on the books for "verbal assault" that cops and judges like to use when they're involved in road rage incidents while off duty (it's been in the news before... judge threw the book at a guy who flipped him off).

its a double standard. I've seen cops in my city detain and scream at teenagers for nothing more than using profanity among themselves on a public sidewalk and this asshole cop sat them all down on the curb & chewed them out for 5 minutes (oh yes... AND asked for their IDs. Hello 4th Amendment?)

I lose more and more respect for police every day. I know the whole "few bad apples" cliche, but I personally know a few cops and they're all just generally very sour asshole type-A people--kinda like the worst among the JW elders. That control-freak hot-tempered attitude is in every profession but not everyone gets to carry a side arm and ruin people's lives.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

"I didn't see a video of a officer getting embarrassed by falling and responding with an ego."

I saw an officer getting embarraassed and then taking it out on others. I saw an officer swearing at teenagers who he is suppose to serve... not speak to as if they are vermin. I saw other officers acting like professionals while mini-me was acting like a tyrant.

Yes a 14 year old girl mouthing off shouldf get the knees of a grown man sunk into her back because after all at 14 one should be treated like an adult. The runt officer was beating his chest is all. He wasn't dispersing the crowd, he was agitating stupid teenagers by going overboard. I don't really mind if you find my comments demeaning. I talked about what he did. He acted like a brute while his compadres acted like professionals. It is not stupid. Short men are known for trying to compensate. Short men have complexes quite often. I have no idea what was going on in his head and neither do you so my points are just as valid as yours.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

DarioKehl - bravo. Anyone should see this point clearly. Taking any racial aspects out of this, the officer was disrespectful. Speakihng to friends of mine one a state trooper and the other a Sheriff both agreed that what he did was unprofessional. I will even condone the pulling of the gun because after all, he was scared since everyone there with the exception of a squirrel towered over him.

At one point one of the kids addressed him in such a mannerable fashion and he just continues to yell.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    its a double standard.

No. It's not when public safety is at stake.

Keeping people safe from harm is the first priority.

I don't care how many f-bombs a police officer drops to keep the peace if the reason and effect is to protect folks from injury. If, on the other hand, vulgar language is used purely to demean that's something else altogether. But I don't see that going on in this instance. I see an officer on duty working to disperse a crowd with some semblance of order, including his instructions issued to some to simply walk away and others to sit down. All of this is crowd control technique.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    At one point one of the kids addressed him in such a mannerable fashion and he just continues to yell.

Yes. So what? Do you like the outcome of no one being seriously injured?

There is more to this episode than we see on video. This officer was working to preserve order and safety. He knew there were other officers there, and they were working differently, which is typical. The particular office at issue was primarily focused on crowd control and not playing nicy-nicy. He was barking authoritatively for a reason, and his work was in concert with other officers around him.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

"Yes. So what? Do you like the outcome of no one being seriously injured?"

Yes. So what? Do you like the outcome of the officer acting unprofessional and damaging the relationship for all officers in the town?"

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

It is a double standard in that if we use profanity to an officer, there can be serious consequences.

Im trying to wade thru the mire of internet hearsay about what led up to this incident. I've read 2 conflicting accounts:

1) a black woman and her daughter got into some kind of fight

2) a white couple said some racial slurs and some black kids responded. A paranoid soccermom called the cops and eventually was heard saying, "you need more cops. there's too many of THEM (black people)"

im im sure there are components of both accounts, but I've seen cops show up on my cul-de-sac before to investigate a predominantly white suburban teen house party and things proceeded much differently. Kids were sat told to stay put and their parents were called.

This asshole was screaming at MINOR CHILDREN, telling them to leave. Where were they supposed to go? Most likely, their parents dropped them off or their ride was parked somewhere else. If they walked across the street, they were thrown to the ground. If they stayed in place, they were thrown to the ground. Cops do that shit on purpose all the time; issue opposite commands to create confusion and get kids' names in the books.

2 more cents:

I hope this pudgy douchenozzle gets suspended.

• out4good4
    out4good4
    The officer has since quit. His police captain berated his ass as unprofessional and having no place in his department.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit