This is a topic I am going to kill with my opening post.Why haven`t the Major religions of Christendom exposed J.W.`s as the true Apostates

by smiddy 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clambake
    Clambake

No one denies the WTS are the only so called Christian cult that exists but in the shear number of lives destroyed no one touches the JWs.

Your entire post is the equivalent of getting caught doing something bad and ratting someone else out. Pretty weak man.

I bet your one of “ Well, I don’t believe in the GB but I don’t believe in the trinity “ types . Trust me, dig deeper, you are only half done your journey if you want to call yourself a Christian.

• Clambake
    Clambake

Sorry

To be fair to Brother Jeramy I grew up in a town that was about 20 % Plymouth Brethen and they are literally more ruthless than the JWs. Lets say you were a husband and got disfellowed, the elders would be over later that day moving your wife and children to another house.

Plus they take that whole " Separate from the world " thing pretty dam serious. In 20 plus years I don't think I ever really shot the breeze with one of them. The funniest thing is when a new family would come to town and just figure some sunday morning they would try out their church. A couple elders would meet you at the door and ask you to leave. They are literally the most miserable dickheads on the planet.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

In 1660 the Puritans in the Massachusetts colony executed a woman by the name of Mary Dyer for the heinous crime of having a different religion than theirs. Is this worse than the Witnesses? It's not that simple.

I view things on the basis of not just what a dictatorial group is and does but what they could become if allowed. The Watchtower would be executing people if they had sovereign territory - a country of their own.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Jeremy look up the definition of 'mainline Protestant church,' you are misinterpreting what that means.

I am in a mainline Protestant church and have scores of friends from other mainline protestant churches and I can tell you you are wrong about this.

I do agree there are other even more harmful cults than jw's.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Mainly, I think, because the mainstream churches regard fringe-groups like the JWs as being beneath contempt.

Bill.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Their unique teaching of 'God being challenged by Satan and setting out to vindicate His sovereignty' qualifies them to be called not only the apostate the greatest, but also the pagan the most degraded.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Why would any church waste time debunking an insignificant religion like the Jehovah's Witnesses? It's not like they are losing significant numbers of people to them. The only people that need to be warned about Jehovah's Witnesses are the Jehovah's Witnesses themselves, and they won't listen to anybody.

Reminds me of the Emo Phillips joke:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

smiddy - "Why haven't the major religions of Christendom exposed JWs as the true Apostates?"

They got too much class to bother.

Besides, the WTS does a pretty solid job doing that all by itself.

x

prologos - "It is small comfort to prove the other to be a TRUE apostate, when that leaves you to be a mere false/imitation apostate."

I'm Jim 'Posatate, yes, I'm the True 'Postate...

All you other 'Postates are just imitatin'...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Village Idiot - "I had opened a page and saw the most garish type setting. While I only glanced at the article without reading it I saw all sorts of dates and quotes in all capital letters."

LOL! Sounds like a pre-net precursor to "Six Screens"!x

Village Idiot - "I view things on the basis of not just what a dictatorial group is and does but what they could become if allowed. The Watchtower would be executing people if they had sovereign territory - a country of their own.."

Nailed it, man.

No democracy or freedom of speech, creationism in schools, non-marital sex outlawed, deportment or prison for DFed people, and the death sentence for apostates.

Can't be reiterated enough, IMO.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I've said it before: if witnesses were in charge of the world, it would be a global North Korea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit