This is a topic I am going to kill with my opening post.Why haven`t the Major religions of Christendom exposed J.W.`s as the true Apostates

by smiddy 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I am initially thinking of the major Religious institutions of Christianity , Catholic ,many branches , Church of England , and the major protestant religions , too numerous to mention here.

After all their is 40,000 plus Christian religions in the world today ?So obviously J.W.`s are not the only false religion .

So my real question is really , to do with the mainstream Christian religions , why are`nt they more aggressive in their condemnation of the Jehovah Witness religion for their obvious failings ,flip backs ,contradictions ,prophecy`s that never eventuated , End of the world predictions ,re-inventing their past history , even distancing themselves from their past history , and their founding members , such as C.T.Russell and J.F.Rutherford whose policies they now reject..

They need to get on board and bleed it for all it`s worth .

smiddy

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

The last time that the CofE opened is gob, the press found out that they were a major WONGA shareholder.

The katlickers have scandal after scandal coming out so they keep schtum now.

Basically, religtards have much to hide in their history and there's a press hungry for scandal. No christard group dare attack another christard group lest they themselves get attacked.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a church goer, the JWs were lumped in the sake category as other cults that employ mind control tactics.

Here in the UK, most of the churches aren't as judgmental as the watchtower is. It really isn't tit for tat.

The WBT$ always have an US VS: THEM mentality which makes the R&F feel important.

The truth is, no one gives a monkeys about the watchtower corporation(R). The JWs are only important in their own minds...no one else cares.

• prologos
    prologos
    It is small comfort to prove the other to be a TRUE apostate, when that leaves you to be a mere false/imitation apostate. Apostatelic succession.
  • dozy
    dozy

The so-called "mainstream" religions are just bigger cults - the only problem is that they have grown so large that they don't have the same level of control over their followers as the smaller ones. Look at all the badness & nonsense of the Catholics - so called miracles of Saints , transubstantiation , all their dubious history including the inquisition , the Popes in the middle ages etc and modern day scandals like child abuse and financial fraud. They could hardly mount a major campaign against the JWs , Mormons etc without being accused of complete hypocrisy.

But as another poster mentioned , the churches honestly don't care. When I called on church ministers & vicars on the ministry , other than them usually feeling somewhat affronted and perhaps throwing out some comment about the Trinity, they just were as apathetic and totally disinterested as everyone else.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

I am tending to notice a lot more christian ministries revolving around JW's and Mormons. There are a bunch of youtube videos showing different ways to reason with them and different people trying to help them.

Maybe they start speaking out more but then the witnesses will just say that is the persecution "the only true faith" has to endure.

• carla
    carla

Many of the mainstream (and particularly the Evangelical type) have apologetic courses that do include cults and jw's are mentioned and talked about. However, because jw's are a cult most do not truly understand the subtle milieu of actually being in the borg.

In my opinion, one can discuss doctrinal issues and that is fine but to me the human cost of this cult and what it does to the emotional, spiritual and often physical part of ones being is the true cost that is often left unsaid. Due to the nature of cults and secrecy (not giving jah a bad name, etc...) people simply do not know the damage jw's can cause.

Some people just don't believe how traumatic being in the jw's can be. I know from first hand experience that they don't believe! after all, jw's carry a Bible, dress nicely and speak softly........ where is that poem that begins like that? anyway, I am always glad to see new anti jw books out there because the public is simply not aware. The more negative publicity about them the better. The crazy conventions, literature, video and so forth that comes forward the more people will look at them like Scientology or some other group with negative publicity.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind
    Nicely summed up Carla. It is often difficult to describe this thing to someone without them looking a bit confused.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

After over an eon as the true and only Christian church started by Jesus Christ himself, many people started their own beliefs thinking that they knew better. This has been happening for some 500-600 years and the list keeps growing.

The Church is more interested in having people come back to the church than it is to brand them as apostates.

jmho

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Any "church" that reports to a "Mother" is in on the scam. "Religions" that become so organized as to become corporations, are probably ran by the same group of men.

CTR was wealthy and influential, but he wasn't top dog. I'm sure he answered to someone, and it wasn't Jesus.

Stocks, bonds, Randcam, UN, OSCE, property sales, they all stink of corporate involvement. I'm sure that ALL organized religions are ultimately owned, even if it means the leaders themselves are held hostage becuase of their own dirty secrets. Imagine being a major player and someone has leverage on you.

Religion is such a marvelous tool for controlling mass amounts of people. I'm convinced that certain aspects of the government are well aware of this. I don't think they want religion destroyed because it's a money maker and an opiate.

Why doesn't the RCC or the Mormons launch an all out attack on JWism? They may have their orders, or they could be benefitting from JWism? Remember that JWs went to bat for Jimmy Swaggert in court. These guys are probably in bed together, perhaps literally at times.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit