What would you do differently?

by Tinkerbell4125 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

How would you have left the borg, if you had it to do over?

I know what I would have done! I would have threatened to sue those s.o.b's. In fact I still think about it. It's been a 2 years since I d.a.ed myself. Could I still do it!!! And would it be worth the heartache and hassel! Sueing the whole intire org. for millions of dollars for damages?

They destroy so many families.

They should be stopped!

Does anyone agree?

Angry and Upset.......Tink =:o(

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

I doubt you could sue the WTS after DAing yourself, unless there were legal grounds to sue them before that fact... Someone correct me if I'm wrong; I think they have won cases before the Supreme Court (or at the very least in *some* court) on the issue of shunning, even in cases of DFing.

I agree that they should be stopped, but I don't think I would do anything differently. It was almost a race for me, to see if I would DA or if they would DF me first... LOL... That's the closest thing to a regret that I have, that I didn't DA first; I wanted to hang onto my fam for as long as possible. But no way would I have just 'drifted'; not a "principle" thing, just that that would give them carte blanche to continue annoying me whenever they wanted.

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

Isn't it funny, that hind site is 20/20. You always think of what you should have done. For me- I was disfellowshipped once- played the sweet little- listen & hang on every word- trying to do what was right- got reinstated, then stopped going to meetings. So, I wonder when & if they will talk to me- I go to church, buy lottery tickets, celebrate holidays, etc- I am afraid I would go out with a bang if they tried to mess with me! I am SOO bitter- that I think I would show up with a lawyer, or with a cigarette & a bottle of beer. (I don't drink or smoke) And, they always have you abide by their rules, dress up to get dissed, show up at their time, use their bible- what a crock! I love the postings in here about ways to show up at a judicial committe- they are hilarious! :-) P.S. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES THEY RUIN LIVES! YOU ARE EITHER IN OR OUT- NO "I GUESS THIS ISN'T WHAT I BELIEVE, BUT LETS STILL BE FRIENDS." WHAT A CROCK

Edited by - perfection seeker on 5 July 2002 22:52:12

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I would have stood up in a meeting and started yelling out the truth for all to hear before they dragged me out. Ok that is the fantasy.

I would have sued their pants off - well maybe not that either - seen too many JW men with their pants off thank you.

I would have walked away with my honor intact. And gotten a restraining order against my husband and the elders if necessary

• myself
    myself

Plain and simple, I would never have bothered to get reinstated. It didn't change anything with my family members who are still active jws. At the time I thought I was doing the right thing. Thru their chrsitain love (lack of) I now know I was wrong.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I do not think me standing up in the middle of one of those JW meetings and scream would just get me hauled off to JAIL as a nut case..a much bigger one than everyone thought..AND AMEN to these LAW SUITS against THE WT ORG...4 some hey it is worth a try depends on the case I suppose BUT 4 this family of babes I wish I had smelled the coffee purking a lot sooner and NOT been sooo stubborn...NOW I am stubborn in the other direction -- A stubborn apostate --- THAT is it 4 the moment...(((((hugs))))) QUEENIE and family

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

i would have run away from home a long time ago, like i originally planned to do when i was 7.

when my grandparents finally got baptized, it was like everything was taken away from me; my freedom, my innocence (b/c i was abused in every way imaginable), my friends, you name it.

i had somewhere to run; all i had to do was call my dad in michigan. but, naturally my grandparents wouldn't let him adopt me, since he wasn't in the "truth".

obviously, i dont think ill ever be going back to the BOrg.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The only thing I would have changed was that I went out with a whimper. Although I am sure it is has saved lots of heartache between me and my parents, tho maybe not. But I wish I would have been more clear that this is NOT for me, instead of the elders patting me on the back saying "ahh you're just depressed--you'll be back" At the time it seemed an easy out, and to ruffle the fewest feathers. So maybe it was for the best. But I can't help but be a little bit envious of the people who spoke their mind and went out screamin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit