2015 Regional Convention Anthony Morris Governing Body encourages coerced baptism of unwilling children ...again

by Watchtower-Free 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie
    Remember that there was only one international convention location in 1958 worldwide (at least that is what my mother says who was there). Were there any other international convention locations that year? 7,136 would have to be compared to today's international convention baptisms held in one year, yes?
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Good question Blondie - I don't know.

Did a quick check and found this video of the 1958 convention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbtyPInI2hk

Interesting if you see the baptismal candidates here, they all appear to be adults. That cannot be said any longer.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

At the "Children of the KIng" St. Louis convention in 1941, over 1300 children were baptized. Some were as young as six years of age.

The book "Children" was released at that same convention.

(Sam Herd was born in 1935.)

The current child recruitment push is reminiscent of the 1941 child recruitment. Interestingly enough, the Tower was embroiled in lots of court cases then, too. The children in 1941 were being indoctrinated into making a pledge of allegiance to the Society in order to challenge the American pledge of allegiance.

The WTS recruited children back in 1941 to challenge the American courts. It worked back then and I suspect that the WTS is doing the same thing now. There will be an underlying purpose that has nothing at all to do with the child's salvation.

I think that the WTS push for child baptism is a calculated move and that the purpose will be revealed in court cases yet to come.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You drive wrong, you can get a ticket. You mess up with the jokehovians, you get cut off from your relationship with family and "friends". And most tickets are simple--speeding, going through that red light or rolling through a stop sign, or crossing the double yellow line. You get your ticket, go to court or mail in the fine, pay the fine, and you're done. With jokehovians, it stays with you forever.

As for how young, some of the people getting baptized are too young to make simple decisions. Just try sending some of those newly baptized 6 year olds into a coin shop with a 20 toilet paper bill, and having them buying silver coins with it, alone. Chances are good that they will not be able to buy any at that age. Yet, they can commit their lives to their own damnation. With the silver coins, the biggest risk is that the price will go down after they buy the coins. But, they will not have to answer to hounders, alone, if they slip up on that school birthday party or flag salute at age 8 or 9. Nor will they be forced into destitution if they decide that the religion is not for them when they do grow up.

• menrov
    menrov

I was under the impresion this conference was called IMITATE JESUS. Well then, Jesus was baptised at the age of 29. Fully grown up but although at 12 He already was able to discuss the scriptures, only then He decided to get baptised.

Therefore, WBTS, walk your talk and stop promoting child / infant baptism.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

So far from this guy we have the following:

• No Spanx (Yoga Pants)
    • No tight pants
    • MS by 21 or not eligible for marriage
    • Baptized before your license
    • No colored socks
    • Gays want to see you in tight pants

That's just from this guys talks alone! It's very scary to think this guy is running the show.

I'll leave you all with this quote from their book that is being studied now...

"The religious leaders buried God’s Law under a mass of man-made rules and regulations. The Sabbath law, for instance, simply forbade work on the Sabbath, setting that day aside for worship, spiritual refreshment, and rest. But the Pharisees made a burden of that law. They took it upon themselves to decide just what “work” meant. They labeled as work 39 different activities, such as reaping or hunting. These categories gave rise to endless questions. If a man killed a flea on the Sabbath, was he hunting? If he plucked a handful of grain to eat as he walked along, was he reaping? If he healed someone who was ill, was he working? Such questions were addressed with rigid, detailed rules."
  • Watchtower-Free
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I can't help but suspect that Anthony Morris's kids will grow up to be either hard-core loyalists or full-on apostates.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Remember that there was only one international convention location in 1958 worldwide (at least that is what my mother says who was there). Were there any other international convention locations that year?

I believe that Yankee Stadium/Polo Grounds was the only location for a convention in the continental USA. Not sure if there were others in other parts of the world.There were about 250,000 total in attendance. That's about a 3% baptism rate. Double-digit growth didn't happen until the late 60's/early 70's (Stay Alive 'til '75!)

Doc

• Half banana
    Half banana
    You have to be a bit odd to get your cousin to plunge you under water to serve an invisible sky god. Its a cult and always was a cult. It only appeals to the hopeless, lonely and undereducated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit