Various quotes

by Fatal Error 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Just recieved a couple of old booklets and pamphlets this morning, and thought I'd share some amusing passages I've found so far

A bit of "interesting" logic to start off with:

If he were to be visible, no sign would be needed. Since a sign was foretold, he must come invisibly.

- "The sign of Christ's presence", p.1, 1950s pamphlet

Okkkk....

Another Rutherford gem:

Religion and Christianity are not the same thing.They are directly opposed to each other. [...] Satan the devil introduced religion to man.

- "Conspiracy against Democracy", p.5, 1940

And to back that up, ten-odd years later...

Which religion bears the fruits that identify it as the one right religion? Rather than its being one of the many popular, respected orthodox religions of Christendom, do not the facts say it is Jehovah's witnesses?

- "Which is the right religion?", p.6, 1950s pamplet

Erm...

Edited by - fatal error on 5 July 2002 9:29:46

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

You handle says it best:

FATAL ERROR!

I guess they call that new light:

"Religion bad"

Ooops, we are a religion (We need to say so for tax purposes)

"Religion good" All other religion bad!

Edited by - itsjustlittleoldme on 5 July 2002 9:41:33

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I hope everyone had a great 4th! I was a little bugged that my buddy couldnt join our 4th BBQ :( I dont expect him to join us for Christmas either *pagan*! Well that got me to thinking. I know he wears a wedding ring (which is pagan) so I got to thinking, what other pagan things do JW's use? Simple! The days and months!!

http://www.timekeepers.org/calendar.htm#TWO http://www.pcug.org.au/%7Edfry/calendar.html

Saturday- Saturn Day Sunday- Sun Day Monday- Moon Day (Roman)

Now Tues thru Friday are named after Nordic Gods!

Tuesday- Tiu's Day Wednsday- Woden's Day Thursday- Thors Day Friday- Freya Day

How Pagan the days of the week are!

Now for the Months (from the greek word for moon)

January- The Roman god Janus February- Februa, Roman festival of purification

March- The Roman god Mars April- Latin word Aperire- sacred month of Venus

May- The Roman god Maia, daughter of Atlas June- The Roman god Juno

July- Named by Julius Ceasar in 44BC August- Named by Augustus Ceaser in 8 BC

September- Sept for 7, used to be the 7th month October- Octofor 8, used to be the 8th month

November- Nove for 9, 9th month Decemeber- Decem for 10, 10th month

So we can see that except for September thru December, all the months are either named after Gods or Named after PAGAN Roman dictactors! What fun!

Soooo If the days of the week and months of the year are PAGAN, then why do JW's use them? Shouldnt JW's come up with some new system of naming the days???????? If not, my buddy should be able to join me for BBQ's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit