Promoting Satanism

by gravedancer 5 Replies latest jw friends

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

As anyone who has read my posts knows I am an atheist - a non-believer in any God or in any Devil. I found the following interview to be quite interesting.It is from the February 23, 1986 Washington Post Magazine. I encourage everyone to read it and see what the founder of the Satanic Church had to say....in many qays he sounds like many of us here.

It is interesting that Anton Lavey(the founder of the church) did not believe in God or in Satan.

Here is the article: http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/WaPost.html

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

"Satan is a symbol, nothing more," LaVey says. "Satan signifies our love of the worldly and our rejection of the pallid, ineffectual image of Christ on the cross."

LaVey believes in neither God nor Satan, and his Satanic "religion" is a parody of Christianity - with a heavy dose of magic, as in "Sorcerer's Apprentice" magic. But LaVey doesn't worship Satan. The devil is a symbol of man's carnal nature - his lust, greed, vengeance, but most of all, his ego, all drives LaVey says Christianity has unfairly labeled "evil."

READ the article...Dont be afraid of your own preconceived notions and fears!!!!!!

I am the Gravedancer.....

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

yep agree JJ

seems funny that people have to try and find some "philosophy" to live by...no matter which side of the spectrum one chooses.

We can be really irrational creatures.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

A more accurate name for LaVey's followers should be Church of Egoism. They don't believe in God or Satan--only themselves and their interests. Doesn't that make you tremble?

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

The very fact that he calls it the church of Satan validates christianity. The guy sounds like a moron though but jj is right, laughing all the way to the bank.

gsx1138

Edited by - gsx1138 on 4 July 2002 21:57:43

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

LaVey says a lot of things that label him insane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit