I need help with this one. What do you think I should do?

by Quarterback 42 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Quarterback,

What do you want to do?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Quarterback: Come on now, What more can be done?

Quit going to meetings.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Does your wife not have a tongue in her head...why should you have to say anything? She should either tell this gal pal that she isn't comfortable with this type of PDA. If your wife doesn't want to say anything directly, she should keep turned slightly toward you and or lean toward you as soon as Sister McFeeley starts making her move.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Some sisters are just very touchy-feely and have no boundaries, she may not be a JW closet les.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I`m with Pete Zahut on this one ,

What is it with people who can`t speak up for themselves , like "hey sis I feel like your encroaching in my personal space " "I feel a bit uncomfortable when you do that " "I know we are friends ,but do you mind not being so touchy ?"

The wife should be the one to nip this in the bud and not put the onus on the husband.

You can always say it sort of jokingly at first and if it persists be more direct.

I honestly think we need to get over being a coward when it comes to being honest with ourselves and those we have to deal with .

Confrontation is not something we like to have , but sometimes it can`t be avoided and we need to be able to deal with it.for our own peace of mind.

smiddy

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy
    For starters you could try jettisoning your homophobia. Secondly, you could actually talk to the sister (you know, the one you so delicately referred to as "the lesbian") if for no other reason than to determine if your preconceptions about her and her intentions have any basis in fact. At the very least, having such an upfront conversation with the sister will afford her a fair opportunity to reconsider associating with folks like you.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

QB back to me: Oubliette: I googled your question, a few sites came up. Take a look.

That means you missed the point.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Thanks for your comments. We solved the problem, and this was a problem, although some didn't see it that way. I sort of knew that this subject would spark controversy.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well......

You got our attention.

What did you do?

Really, we would appreciate knowing what happened.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Did you go Sunday wearing a dress to see if she would take a shine to you instead of the wife? We need pictures and the results....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit