I need help with this one. What do you think I should do?

by Quarterback 42 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

My mother used to tell me, "Least said, soonest mended", so I agree wholeheartedly with AlwaysBusy - just change your seating arrangements and the troublesome sister will get the message.

If she asks any questions, your wife can tell her she feels better sitting on the aisle seat - to stretch her legs/get to the toilet, etc.

Your wife has to distance herself literally & figuratively from this woman if she is causing anxiety.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    AlwaysBusy6 hours agoLet your wife sit on an aisle seat and you sit next to her...that way, the lesbian has to sit next to you or across the aisle from your wife.

this is good.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You start with your title, "What do you think I should do?" You make a strange statement: "...looks like a Lesbian, sounds like a Lesbian, and lately is starting to feel like a Lesbian."

Then, some give a serious answer in the same kind of tone, and you blast them:

Ignorance: When a fly walks on your shoulders, do you just leave it there and make it feel like home?

James: We are not worried about catching anything, and we are not prudish. We don't want a reason to worry about it.

I know you are seriously asking for help, but YOU DID ASK and you started out with the goofy tone about lesbians, so lighten up.

And seriously, the suggestion to cock block her by sitting in the second seat from the end where your wife will sit on the end is a very good one.

• DJS
    DJS
    Are you bragging or complaining? Let's vote, class.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What does your wife expect you to do about it? if this was a man all over you and your wife told him to back off it could make you look like a whimp. I would have thought this is hers to own and resolve, sure be involved and give feedback but she needs to do this conversation herself in my book.

Some sisters are very touchy feely and some sisters hate it. My mother is an example of those that hate it and it makes her uncomfortable, she however speaks her mind and takes no shit from anyone, so if a sister grabs her hand in a prayer at the meeting or gets too touchy she tells them straight out " cut that out please", job done, it doesnt happen again.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Move from your usual seat; sit some place new every service. As soon as you see Sister chummy approach, put your arm around your wife and keep it there until the service is over. Repeat until Sister chummy gets the hint.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

QB: She (the JW sister) looks like a Lesbian

What does a lesbian look like?

• Giordano
    Giordano

In my opinion this is a creepy situation that calls for a creepy resolution.......which I have. Switch seats with your wife and if the sister sits next to you........ ask her to work the kinks out of your neck and shoulders during the meeting.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I like searcher's mom's 'least said, soonest mended' adage. So change of seat is the best option.

Of course, it is not a social norm in witness world to let a woman sit on the aisle seat (so VERY silly, and also often impractical, since a mom gets up more often to nurse a baby, etc.). If giving her the aisle seat feels emasculating to you, have her sit by the wall, and you the second seat from the wall.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Oubliette: I googled your question, a few sites came up. Take a look.

Hmmm....so some good suggestions were given. Move seat location, Say little about it, Put my arm around my wife first. Sit next to the Lesbian, Ask the Lesbian to massage my back next.

There is such a wealth of wisdom on this site. Thanks. But, I can't stop thinking that some are really holding out. Come on now, What more can be done?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit