Harvey - JW Wins SCOSC Blood Transfusion Decision

by AngryXJW 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

Edited by - AngryXJW on 3 July 2002 17:19:40

• AngryXJW
  • ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Hmm, I wonder if Harvey is DF'd? If he's not, wouldn't that mean that he didn't suffer any emotional stress, and that Jehovah has forgiven him for getting blood, and therefor the matter with Harvey's doctor should rest in the hands of Jehovah's judgement towards the Doc at Armageddon? After all, Harvey is still acceptable in the eyes of Jehovhah (If he isn't DF'd) so therefor, how could he have any lasting emotional effects?

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

Since the transfusions were completed while Harvey was sedated, there was no "sin" on his part, thus no DA (rather than DF). ________

However, the new trial will be very interesting with regard to "damages", which Harvey only suffers because he is not DEAD!

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

Mentally competent adult JWs SHOULD
    have the right to decide their own medical treatment.___________
    Again, the JWs win the battle and lose the war._________
    Now, the general public knows what would be required of them if they ever wanted to join this CULT!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

So from what I am reading, there will be a new trial because the jury did not decide the case?

I love the part about what the court had to say wrt the HLC person's testimony.

Did I get that right?

Angry/MA - There was a press release yesterday on this subject too.

Thanks for the post.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 3 July 2002 7:57:23

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Late again finding this thread!

Itsjustlittleoldme said

" how could he have any lasting emotional effects?"

The fact is that to a devout dub, the knowlege that one had been transfused against one's will would be emotionally very damaging. I believe you would feel unclean and tainted by this substance actually inside you.

The poor girl in Canada used the expression that female witnesses have put in their mouths by the Org "I feel as though I have been raped"

Any way , it is ,no doubt a feeling of anger that one's wishes were disregarded and no doubt he wants to prevent it happening again to someone else

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit