PLN and JWs

by simplesally 9 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

I was just reading over there and thought some of them should really think before they post! Some real jerk posted this:

Umm, don't count your time spent eating lunch - unless you witness to the waitress. Give her a real tip - how to get into the new system.

Right, I'd be happy to receive a tract or magazine instead of a 20% tip I deserve!!!!

And this poster should go back to school:

Well, Quatrin I deffiantely agree

I think she meant definitely?
    I'm not saying you should be annoying, nor be obsessed with yoru time. (that can take joy out of service) But, just be open to every little oppertunity you get. And you would be amazed how much witnessing you can ge in informally. Especially people who work or go to school. The field is sooooo open. At school, there was so many to witness to. I kind of miss school just because of all the feild I had. lol Kids, teachers, famous people. lol Charles and Liz Koche, (big oil owners), Football players (for teams like Dallas Cowboys.) And on and on. They were part of different extraciricular (I guess is what you would call them, they were during school, not after school, but optional classes, you need so many optional classes to graduate.) classes that I took. I always had such a ton of oppertunities to witness.

Any way, getting off subject here. lol

Boy, I wish I had a red pen...... Where did she learn to spell extracurricular? field? opportunity? Anyway? Your?

And I always dreamed of being equated with a Winnebago:

And she could be a RV. If you have spoken to her regularly more then once, she is a RV!

Edited by - simplesally on 2 July 2002 2:42:52

• Gopher
    Gopher

PLN = PURE Language Network?

I guess pure doesn't mean you need to spell correctly.

Witnessing to the waitress? How inconsiderate! The waitress is doing a job -- she doesn't need you draining her time trying to convert her, or withholding her rightful monetary tip with some crappy magazine. Geez.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Nothing would make me more annoyed than have someone try to witness to me when I'm working (in my job - I'd be likely to blow something up if I was destracted like that). And, as far as the spelling is concerned, I heard from someone that the majority of witnesses are the least educated members out of any religion. Does anyone have any proof of that?

• Mary
    Mary

Well, seeing as Witnesses are still strongly discouraged from getting any sort of "higher education", or in many cases, they're not even encouraged to finish High School, I think there's a good chance that yes, Witnesses are amongst the most uneducated religion around.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I'm all for making fun of the dubbies, but aren't we nitpicking just a little bit here?

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

My JW exwife once tried to spell the variant of y'all...you'ns.LMAO She also told me that snow mixed with rain wasn't sleet, but snain. I think the GB could have used her on the writing comittee to make up words like "happifying" and other classics.

Coon

P.S. I'd like to get on PLN to check stuff out and innocently post...but I don't have a referral name that is required. Anyone care to help me out?

• amac
    amac

I have seen just as bad spelling and grammar on this site, so I guess it's not a dumb JW thing, but more of a dumb human thing.

• Calico_Cat
    Calico_Cat

I stumbled upon this site accidentally while doing a search on JWS. They think they are hidden from 'apostates' views, mwahahaha!

http://www.livekast.com

And their discussion board:

http://www.livekast.com/index.php

• simplesally
    simplesally

Calico, email me!

• myself
    myself
    Umm, don't count your time spent eating lunch - unless you witness to the waitress. Give her a real tip - how to get into the new system.

Oh sure I would rather get an issue of an Afake magazine then some money.

Edited by - myself on 11 July 2002 21:39:31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit