Do not be misled!

by Olympiad 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Olympiad
    Olympiad

Do not be misled!

The following is the most misapplied scripture by the Watchtower Society and it causes more damage and mind control than any other.

Mathew 24:45-47 Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

The very nature of the way that this verse is written in the Bible does not allow it to be applied to a group. A simple English lesson per any dictionary teaches us the following.

Am

1st person singular

I - Am

Present indicative of Be.

I - Am

Are

2 nd person singular.

You - Are

Present tense indicative plural of Be.

We/They - Are

Is

3 rd person singular

He/She - Is

Present tense of Be.

He/She - Is

As you can see (Is) can only be applied to a singular individual and not a group in this instance. If Christ really meant for us to interpret this scripture in our day, I am sure he would have used verbiage (Who really are) which would allow us to apply it to a Class and not an individual. It is not even to be applied to a Class of individuals. The Society has read way more into this scripture than what actually exists. Once again they miss the simple truth that Christ tries to impart to all of mankind which is to do things the same way that he did them and all will fall into place. Make the responsible decision based on Love.

What was the real intent of the scripture? Simply put, it was a lesson in responsibility. Yes responsibility to take care of business in the same manner as the master (Jesus). Jesus gives us three examples in Mathew the 24 th and 25 th chapters with contrasts between those that are responsible and those that are not responsible. In addition he outlines the reward or punishment based on the decision made in each case. Those that are responsible as described in the illustrations are said to be faithful, discreet and good. Those that were not responsible were said to be evil, foolish and sluggish. Hence their rewards were commensurate with their actions. We are given three illustrations which span Mathew 24: 45-51 (The Faithful and Discreet Slave), 25: 1-12 (Ten Virgins) and 25: 14-30 (The Talents) all of which basically teach us the same thing with regard to making responsible decisions. Jesus then gets to the point of what they all mean in Mathew 25: 31-33 where he states: When the son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. While the three illustrations teach us the lesson of making responsible decisions, it is in verses 35 through 40 of Mathew chapter 25 that Jesus identifies for us what the real everyday responsibility of a disciple of Christ is. It is so simple and beautiful: For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I got thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; naked, and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to me. Who made the responsible decision to do good just as the master (Christ) would? It is the sheep; yes the faithful, discreet and the good and their reward is life everlasting in the kingdom. Who made the irresponsible decision to do evil just as the master (Devil) would? It is the goats; yes the evil, foolish and sluggish and their reward is everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. In conclusion the ultimate reference with regard to those that would be responsible or not responsible was reserved NOT for a class of men but as Mathew 25:32 states: All the nations were brought before him. It is you and I the individual that will be judged according to our deeds. Make responsible decisions based on Love. I pray Jehovahs rich blessing.

Edited by - Olympiad on 1 July 2002 15:16:6

• Bleep
    Bleep

If you want to talk about mind control you should say a little more about Satan the father of the lie. There are two groups there, those who follow Satan and those who would follow the Christ. Since you can not be on both sides there must be two ways to go. Either on the braud road to destruction or the narrow road to life. Only one group can be saved since there will only be one group on the restored paridise earth. The other group will be judged and put to a final resting place. When you rest do you still suffer?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Bleep,

WTF are you talking about? You would think that after all the time you spend reading bullshit doctrine that you could spell! But then again "edumacatiion is very very bad thingy majigy"

Fools hate knowledge

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I wonder if Bleep's bad spelling is like Fred Hall's - more for effect than inherent?

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Simple Dogma for simple minds. Me on good side, you not with me...you on bad side. I need one guy who represents all that is good, now I need another guy that represents all that is bad. Thank goodness reality has no shades of grey because I'd have to make descisions on my own. /sarcasm off

I'm a witch Bleep, Satan doesn't even exist in my belief system. In fact absolute evil doesn't exist in my belief system. There is good and bad and everything in between but all are constrolled by choice. There's no judgement to be passed on me by someone else or mythical creatures to torture my soul.

gsx1138

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit