What makes Jesus so special?

by Sargon 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sargon
    Sargon

I've been wondering, what makes Jesus so different from the rest of creation that he is granted the title "son of god". If there was nothing before Jehovah, all things are his creation and therefore should be on equal footing. For Jesus to truly be his son, Jehovah, would have had to have created a goddess to copulate with, thereby creating a proper male/female relationship from which to form an offspring. Perhaps i'm missing something here and you enlightened christians out there can help me out.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Good question. One wonders why, to a timeless God, the "firstborn of creation" would have any special significance.

• ISP
    ISP

Good question......

He was made to be that way by the second century writers who effectively created the personality. Nothing in the 'gospels' contain anything new, which hadn't been said before. Shame for the son of god. You would think he would have some new stuff to say.

ISP

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

i guess if jesus is god's son........ it will have to be proven some day......... so far that day isn't here...

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Why do you make the assumption that for Jesus to be the Son of God, there has to be some sort of God-ess? God can create the Universe and everything in it but he has to have a God-ess to have a son??? Are there Mrs. Archangels making little baby Archangels??? (I didnt see them in the Bible??) God can do anything, anytime he wants to. You make the assumption that God has the same repoductive constaints as us. That makes a whole lot of sense. "Yes, God made the sun, the earth, and everything esle, but NO WAY could he have a Son without a Mrs. God!"

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

You also state that since we are all God's creations that we should be on equal footing. So are you stating that we are the same as Jesus??? Or Angels???? Satan was God's creation, are you on equal footing with the deceiver?? Do you two hang out???? Maybe we should have a BBQ and invite Jesus and all the Angels................

• Sargon
    Sargon

Sounds like a slice. I'll bring the ice cold beers!

• willy_think
    willy_think

3 special things about Jesus:
    1. Jesus is begotten, not made.
    2. Jesus is God.
    3. Jesus is the redeemer.

Edited by - willy_think on 6 July 2002 13:39:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit