Well another one leaves the Borg.

by John Aquila 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    wisdomfrombelow

I don't know her age but there might have been a difference in maturity besides the difference in education and experience in life.

I mentioned in the above post that he was between 26-28, and she is going to be 30. They are adults and were in the same hall for about a year. At what point is it unreasonable for an almost 30 year old single woman who is interested in a man to decline going to dance, or a weekend trip with assurance there would be two rooms? Does she have to be 40-50 years of age and do they need to know each other for 10 or 20 years? I know several that have done that and are now in their 60s and still single.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Wonderful! I love to hear of one more leaving.
  • clarity
    clarity

Wow that is just terrific! Grinning from ear to ear over your post, thank you for telling it. Young persons today are more astute than those of my generation....so he had that going for him too. This made my day also.

clarity

• steve2
    steve2

This underscores perfectly how an "interested" outsider views the things happening in the lives of JWs that born-ins do not see so clearly because it is all they know - and if things have "always" been that way, it is hard to be surprised and disturbed by them.

It also shows that outsiders who come in and don't have family in, may find it less difficult to cut loose on the spot - and never look back.

Imagine if he had hooked up with that sister, got her pregnant and they were pressured to marry and only after marriage did he cut loose. He'd have brought himself decades of pain in raising their child.

Phew! Thank God the sister DID follow the rules - I'm sure we all know sisters in good standing who would give in to the flesh - and then be accused by "outsiders" of luring this man further into the organization.

It is a shame that the OP slyly criticizes that sister for being true to her beliefs - but would likely criticize her had she not been so scrupulous.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    I started writing my reply before you posted the comment about her age. (I multitask) I imagined her younger--maybe 20, so that is why I edited my post to say basically "nevermind". Adults can do whatever they like....
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

It is a shame that the OP slyly criticizes that sister for being true to her beliefs - but would likely criticize her had she not been so scrupulous.

You’re reading too much into the experience, I mentioned the reasons why she was true to her beliefs in a later post.

On the other side of the story, I feel for the young pioneer sister that was interested in this guy but had to follow what she had been taught. She is a born in and has a very strong love of God, even though she has no idea that what she was taught, was a messed up, twisted doctrine of God.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I love the fact that he left all of his literature behind. Bravo!

• SadElder
    SadElder

Does she have to be 40-50 years of age and do they need to know each other for 10 or 20 years? I know several that have done that and are now in their 60s and still single.

Witnesses are a gossipy bunch. They're like chickens, find a little flaw and they'll peck you to death. So regardless of the circumstances some dub will find something to complain about or find fault with. They'll have the back room setup before the sun sets.

• The Governor
    The Governor

Not sure why anyone would want to be a Jehovah's Witness after researching everything that needed to be researched. When it comes to ONLY seeing the side of the Jehovah's Witnesses I can see why someone would want to join but if a thinking person analyzed the pro's AND the con's on the Jehovah's Witness I think most "wordly" people who were not born in like myself would leave before even joining. Hoping that "worldy" people research what they are really getting into they will come to realize a few things.

1: You would have to defend outrageous doctrine that has no basis for support or evidence what so ever. I have been on the opposing side MORE then a few times with Witnesses trying to defend weak, unsupported doctrine and it looks very stressful and un-fulfilling. For example who is willingly going to defend that Jesus came invisibly in 1914 and chose the Watchtower in 1919 out of all religions to be a people for his name yet in the halls you learn that Jehovah has ALWAYS had a people for his name so these two teachings contradict each other. Now this "wordly" or unbaptized publisher is going to have to defend a doctrine that makes absolutely no sense.

2: You would have to commit your mind, body and soul to this religious group. Most people not born in are attached to their friends and have very strong family ties. "Worldys" put their family first unlike those fully dedicated to the organization where the organizations needs come first before your family. Being an adult living in "the world" it's hard to actually lower your moral standards when it comes to family. The organization teaches that "wordly" family and friends are doomed for destruction and should only interact with family when important family matters arise. You are basically replacing your family that you love so much with strangers that don't give a rats ass about you and that will turn you in for any wrong doing they see. This new family will encourage you to pull the plug on your own life when it comes to certain medical decisions while the REAL "wordly" family will do everything to support and save you!

3: Like the poster said, these people aren't that intelligent. I have heard a few talks where I am scratching my head because there were so many holes in that talk yet the Witnesses feel like they just heard a talk from Einstein. Right off the bat, I knew exactly what the poster meant about Elders horrible jokes. They are bad!!! You can easily tell that the jokes are placed in there, are heavily censored and probably needed heavy approval before placing it in the talk layout. A joke is funny when it comes from the heart but when these Witness would laugh at a stage "joke" I would just shake my head. After seeing a talk done at a Church by a pastor I was so surprised I didn't see the difference in talks by Elders and pastors before. This pastor could talk and he involved the crowd and engaged them. I laughed so hard at this pastors humor it was unbelievable. I actually asked him after his talk if he inserted those jokes (like the Elders do) and he said "no" and kinda looked at me like "why would someone do that?" All jokes came from the heart! It just went to show me how bland and boring these Elder talks were and how unintelligent they could be. There were many things said (that I wish I could remember) where I leaned over to my partner who was soaking all this stuff up like a sponge and said "that's not quite accurate."

This religion has no appeal to the outside world. "Wordlys" are asked to give up so much for a CHANCE to get into paradise. Once you give over your full self you are STILL taught that it isn't for sure that you will be there. I am glad this individual got out before he caught himself in a deep spot years later.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    The Governor

For example who is willingly going to defend that Jesus came invisibly in 1914

Not me that for sure!

You are basically replacing your family that you love so much with strangers that don't give a rats ass about you and that will turn you in for any wrong doing they see. This new family will encourage you to pull the plug on your own life when it comes to certain medical decisions while the REAL "wordly" family will do everything to support and save you!

That's the worse part of joining that most people don't realize at first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit