Music

by Mr.logic 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr.logic
    Mr.logic
    We would all agree that music whatever its form or genre, speaks to us, maybe a favorite childhood nursery rhyme, maybe dads music,etc. a lot of us where shut down to such wordly things, some were not. Music has always helped me in hard times, that song, that artist, that let's get moving stuff, what speaks to you, its not a cure all, but what do you like?
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Personally, I dig classic country music. In particular, Merle Haggard.

But I'm a big fan of all kinds of music. I listen to modern pop, rap and heavy metal the least. It just doesn't appeal to me.

But I will listen to classic heavy metal, pop and rock and truly enjoy it.

Classical music also speaks to me. Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Gershwin, Strauss.

• Mr.logic
    Mr.logic
    I've spent most all my life searching for that four leaf clover, i love the hags music cappy.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Mr.logic: I knew we could find something in common. :P

The hag is not only one of the greatest country musicians of all time, his songs are actually sung at an octave that I can reach. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rscqSCxaKLo

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Reggae... Reggae... Reggae.

When I was waking up this music spoke to me in a way nothing else could granted I always loved this genre even as a witness, but during my exit a number of these songs and artist spoke to me in a way nothing else could.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I like folk rock, Celtic, some pop, some alt. Right now I am listening to meditation music, it helps me sleep better if I do that for an hour or so before bed. It also helps calm down the cat, she gets the rips in the evenings sometimes. She will actually come up and ask me to lift up the blanket so she can crawl under, chill out and listen to the music.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I listen to pop music of vintages before Clear Channel ruined radio. This includes heavy metal--Led Zeppelin included. It also includes the psychedelic rock of the late 1960s, some of the bubblegum of that era, soul, rock (hard and soft), disco, and running into the mid 1990s. Also, I like the gangsta rap--even though I never intend to ruin my own brain and liver using drugs or try selling them. And Christmas music.

Also, long live Michael Jackson.

• done4good
    done4good

Even as a JW, I never EVER denied myself music.This is one area of JW compliance I simply ignored, and never thought twice about it, really.

Lifelong '70s progressive rock fan, but like that genre from any decade. Punk, new wave, Celtic, lots of modern Indie stuff, reggae, '90s alternative, folk rock, the Dead, etc.

Just picked up a couple of nice vinyl repressings of Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti, and Pearl Jam's Ten.

d4g

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I'm a big Zeppelin fan too but I like anything good. Love the white stripes, Beethoven, Tito Puente, Puccini, Rolling Stones, U2, morten lauridsen, Mozart, Verdi, black eyed peas, Aretha, Bach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit